Author Topic: My Jacobs grandfather, grandmother, uncle, his wife and her mother & father  (Read 706 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: My Jacobs grandfather, grandmother, uncle, his wife and her mother & father
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 26 July 20 19:39 BST (UK) »
and the fag!
 :P

The "Fag" is part of the charm and represents the smoker's habit and character, this was the norm amongst many men in the post war era. Someone descendant may say, on seeing the photo, "I remember Granddad used to like his cigarettes"

Why change history.

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Online tomkin

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 26 July 20 22:40 BST (UK) »

A Colour,

Offline Roy Haggerty

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 27 July 20 23:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Roy,

I uploaded the photograph but only half of it has appeared

The whole photograph has uploaded  :) if you look below the photograph you will see a scroll option to pull the picture to either the left or right.

Regards

Sarah

Is it possible for some one to clean up, lighten and possibly sharpen the images. I wonder if it is possible to make the faces clearer. This is the first time I have seen a photograph of my grandfather. I would like to see more of a face and less of a fuzzy blur. If that is possible. Thank you very much.

Online tomkin

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 28 July 20 00:11 BST (UK) »
            "   is it possible for some one to clean up, lighten and possibly sharpen the images. I wonder if it is possible to make the faces clearer. This is the first time I have seen a photograph of my grandfather. I would like to see more of a face and less of a fuzzy blur. If that is possible. Thank you very much. "

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Am I missing something?

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 28 July 20 01:09 BST (UK) »
Maybe you are missing 'the fag'.   If you want a better result you will have to re-scan the picture but only select your grandfather's face .... then we'll be able to 'Sharpen it ', cheers, Ian
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, COLLISONS,  Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands and Broughton.  Wilson - Ffrance of Rawcliffe,  Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.

Offline andythorn84

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 28 July 20 18:33 BST (UK) »
Two from me Roy
Census transcriptions are Crown Copyright from www.NationalArchives.gov.uk
THORN/E - Southampton
OSMAN/D - Jersey/Southampton
MUNDAY - Southampton/Portsmouth/Brighton
FORD - Southampton
MARSH - Southampton/Dorset
CO(O)MB(E)S - Southampton
HOLDAWAY - Portsea/Clanfield
PEARCE - Southampton
SALLI(E)S - Southampton
EADE - Essex/Sussex
BRAD(E)Y - Ireland/Jersey/Southampton
BYLES - Southampton
GA(I)GE - Uplyme/Southampton

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 29 July 20 22:46 BST (UK) »
Lovely piece of work Andy, welcome to the board.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Roy Haggerty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 30 July 20 12:18 BST (UK) »
Two from me Roy

Andy, that is amazing. I cannot see the full range of colours which makes like difficult for me when trying to improve or colourise photographs. I got this photograph from a distant relative whilst putting together my family tree. The gentleman on the left is my Grandfather who was a very unwell man. He died when my mother was 14. She has not seen this photograph before but will be blown away when she does. I will also send a copy to her sister, my aunty. They lost touch with their brother, the young man just got married and were both upset to learn, through my research, that he passed away a few years ago. Thank you very much for your hard work. It is more than appreciated.

Offline Roy Haggerty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 31 July 20 15:52 BST (UK) »

A Colour,

Thank you for your hard work, again, I am just blown away when I see this level of skill, thank you. What I do not understand is how you choose a colour. Are you able to get colour from the existing photograph or do you make an educated guess?