Author Topic: Is there free credits for Scotlandspeople?  (Read 1580 times)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
Re: Is there free credits for Scotlandspeople?
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 26 July 20 15:26 BST (UK) »
oops was going to help but it will cost me a £10  as I only have 3 credits..   sorry

xin

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 26 July 20 17:17 BST (UK) »
John Lamont, shipmaster in Port Glasgow and Mary Colquhoun, daughter to the deceased Adam Colquhoun, late writer (??hard to read) in Dumbarton were booked in order to proclamation for marriage - 22 September 1775

This was a proclamation - they actually married 4 days later on 26/9/1775 which shows simply the usual details for the time so more information was in the proclamation.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 26 July 20 17:33 BST (UK) »
That was very kind of you Annette  :)

Rosie

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 26 July 20 20:21 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much Annette, that helps, I now have something to go on.  Now that explains why they were living at Port Glasgow. So John was a ship master.
My goodness ship masters are popping out of the wood work!  :D That means I have them on both sides of the family.

Mary Colquhoun's father Adam was either a Sheriff substitute or local judge of the county Dumbarton.And he was the keeper of the register of sessions of the shire. He had a famous son by the name of Patrick Colquhoun who was lord provost and chief magistrate for the city Glasgow. He was very involved in the police force. He moved to Westminister London were he established the marine police.
Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey