Author Topic: Wilson branch of tree Tadcaster, York Area gone as far as I can go, Help please.  (Read 544 times)

Offline Kloumann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking at what we know for sure/

Isabella Wilson, born York, 27th May 1904, MMN Petty

Isabella marries George E. Senior, 1930, York

Isabella dies Sept 1995, York.

Andi.... Do you have her birth Certificate naming her father?

Offline Andi Brigham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1939 Register shows Martha Living at 5 Luke Ave (actually Tuke Ave transcripted incorrectly)

Wilson household (2 people)

Martha  Wilson 16 Mar 1880 Female Agricultural Labourer Married schedule 56 sub schedule 1
Charles Griffiths 19 Jun 1878 Male Fire-Wood Dealer Single schedule 56 sub schedule 2

Ref: RG101/3895H/006/31 Letter Code : KZAN @Findmypast Ltd

Now this is where it becomes interesting, as my mother was told every year by her mum (Isabella Wilson) that her Granddad Charlie never saw my mum as he died the day she was born. I've checked for Death of Charles Griffiths and he died, yes you guessed it - Oct/Dec 1940, mum was born 01.10.40?

Now really confussed?

Editted before posting due to your reply:-

Yes I got a copy of her Birth Certificate in 2015 and it states her father was John Wilson, mother Martha Wilson formerly Petty.

Andi
Wilson - York, Tadcaster (East), Sheriff Hutton, Oxton
Senior - Barnsley, York, Scarborough
Smith - Glanford Brigg (Lincs), Scarborough, York
Petty - York, Deptford (Kent)
Hanlon/Davies - Skirlaugh (East Riding Yorks)
Broadhead - Royston

Offline Andi Brigham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Have re-downloaded the 1939 register and have just spotted that Martha says she is separated, looks like I have found something my Grandmother was hiding from me. My mum didn't know anything as I have just phoned her.
Wilson - York, Tadcaster (East), Sheriff Hutton, Oxton
Senior - Barnsley, York, Scarborough
Smith - Glanford Brigg (Lincs), Scarborough, York
Petty - York, Deptford (Kent)
Hanlon/Davies - Skirlaugh (East Riding Yorks)
Broadhead - Royston

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile

Now this is where it becomes interesting, as my mother was told every year by her mum (Isabella Wilson) that her Granddad Charlie never saw my mum as he died the day she was born. I've checked for Death of Charles Griffiths and he died, yes you guessed it - Oct/Dec 1940, mum was born 01.10.40?

Now really confussed?

If he died on 30 September 1940 as claimed then the death possibly was not registered/processed until the following day and would therefore come under the next quarters returns
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk