Author Topic: Anomaly in birth date in NSW BDM index  (Read 336 times)

Offline Jang

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Anomaly in birth date in NSW BDM index
« on: Monday 27 July 20 02:12 BST (UK) »
I know that Enid Moira Luscombe was born on 9 March 1912, registered Newtown but when I checked the NSW BDM index her entry #46631 came up for any date in 1912.

Why would this happen?
England:
Durham: COULSON, FENWICK, HUNTER, LOWES, NAYLOR, ROBSON
Norfolk: DEWING, OUGHTON, TAYLOR,
Lancashire: TWEDDLE
Ireland: KEATING, KIRBY, Limerick; NELSON, Donegal
Scotland: BENNIE, Glasgow; COOK, Renfrewshire; HENDERSON, Alloa/Dundee; HUNTER, Glasgow; KIRKWOOD, Alloa; LAMONT, Dalkeith; YOUNG, Glasgow
Switzerland: VOSTI, DELUBINI
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Anomaly in birth date in NSW BDM index
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 July 20 02:24 BST (UK) »
There are  some software issues that NSW BDM needs to address, but it is subject to budget constraints.  Many of the index listings of the Early Church Records of baptisms, burials, marriages  also have similar span for the date of the event. 

ADD
Indexes are only an aid to research, and NSW bdm indexes are only a pointer to the actual document that is held by NSW BDM.   :)  :)  :)

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Jang

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Anomaly in birth date in NSW BDM index
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 July 20 02:54 BST (UK) »
Thanks JM, I thought it might be something like that. Still trying to find what became of my Enid Coulson born 8 March 1912 to mother Mary Coulson. I've been working through all the births on that date as you suggested a few years ago and thought I'd hit the jackpot when I found Enid Luscombe.

Back to my brick wall!
England:
Durham: COULSON, FENWICK, HUNTER, LOWES, NAYLOR, ROBSON
Norfolk: DEWING, OUGHTON, TAYLOR,
Lancashire: TWEDDLE
Ireland: KEATING, KIRBY, Limerick; NELSON, Donegal
Scotland: BENNIE, Glasgow; COOK, Renfrewshire; HENDERSON, Alloa/Dundee; HUNTER, Glasgow; KIRKWOOD, Alloa; LAMONT, Dalkeith; YOUNG, Glasgow
Switzerland: VOSTI, DELUBINI
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk