Author Topic: birth certificate 1905 clonmel  (Read 1622 times)

Offline whiffey1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: birth certificate 1905 clonmel
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 28 July 20 18:13 BST (UK) »
Hello and big hugs and thank you's to everyone involved especially Heywood and Kiltglassan, how can I thank you for your hard work, you probably just enjoy doing this but let me tell you, you have no idea how much it means to novice's like myself who frustratingly go around in circles clutching at sites and getting no where, it makes you want to give up but it niggles away at you knowing somewhere possibly they are in a system, then you start thinking maybe they weren't even recorded as such big family having baby each year. I have a photo I found of Martin and Annie and all the siblings although by this time my Grandfather an adult, his brother looks in naval uniform, plus his youngest brother aged around 10.  I couldn't fathom out the sister Ann as Ann known as Nan, and she was some years younger, it never crossed my mind the first Ann had died aged 3, till you sent me the info.  Well done to everyone who looked and those who replied to my plea. I can now have my Granddad birth certificate.  I also managed to find the family on my Great Grandmothers side who have been in touch, how happy I feel. xx Katrina.   

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 28 July 20 22:18 BST (UK) »
you probably just enjoy doing this but let me tell you, you have no idea how much it means to novice's like myself who frustratingly go around in circles clutching at sites and getting no where,

That's the idea on which RootsChat is based. We're happy that you're happy.
Cowban

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 28 July 20 22:36 BST (UK) »
I think this Martin is Michael's father
https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C8740643

the address should read REARYMORE

There is a Margaret Fitzsimons at that address on Griffiths Valuations

who appears to have died 1881 at Togher  A daughter Kate was informant
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1881/06439/4850080.pdf

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 28 July 20 22:37 BST (UK) »
It’s a pleasure Katrina and lovely news about your new family contacts.
Best wishes
Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 29 July 20 09:11 BST (UK) »
You’re very welcome, Katrina
Enjoy the thrill of the hunt!

"There is no GENEALOGISTS ANONYMOUS because no-one wants to quit."

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 29 July 20 09:26 BST (UK) »

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 29 July 20 10:15 BST (UK) »
Just a speculative possibility for a baptism of the Michael Fitzsimon in the 1878 marriage registration posted at Reply #14, the date of baptism (10th March 1849) is a reasonable match for Michael's stated age in that marriage registration, the geography is reasonable as well (Raheen RC parish), the mother's forename fits with Reply #20 and her surname is the same as one of the witnesses to the 1878 marriage - it's the bottom entry on the left hand page:

https://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000634556#page/66/mode/1up

'10th B Mich of Martin Fitzsimons & Margt Dunn ... ' (I can't make out the sponsors).

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 29 July 20 11:05 BST (UK) »
Nice one Gaffy

on the top of the same page there is a baptism for a Michael of James Broomfield and Mary Dunn address Clonad

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 29 July 20 12:00 BST (UK) »

... There is a Margaret Fitzsimons at that address on Griffiths Valuations

who appears to have died 1881 at Togher  A daughter Kate was informant
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1881/06439/4850080.pdf

I wondered if Kate was the daughter-in-law rather than just daughter as stated, ie. Michael Fitzsimon's wife Catherine Maloney nee Carroll. The only other baptism I could see for Martin Fitzsimon and Margaret Dunn was the following one in Raheen RC parish on 25th March 1846, 2nd entry down on the right hand page:

https://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000634556#page/58/mode/1up

'25th Joseph of Martin Fitzsimon & Margaret Dunn of Clon---- ...' (I not sure that it says Clonard, maybe nearby Clonbane? Again I couldn't really make out the sponsors, maybe something like Patt Burk & Kitty Rorke)

While I couldn't readily see a marriage for Martin Fitzsimon and Margaret Dunn, a possible scenario could be that Martin was 41 when he was discharged after 2 decades of military service in December 1843, whereupon he married Margaret Dunn, say in 1844-45, and they had two sons Joseph in 1846 and Michael in 1849 (at which time Margaret was in her mid 40s, if her reported age at death is accurate).

The only military document I can see regarding Martin Fitzsimon, relates to a Board convened at discharge to determine his service, it corroborates that he was born in the parish of Rearymore 'in or near the town of Clonaslee', he originally attested for the 29th Regiment of Foot at Mullingar on 25 September 1822 at the age of 20, his reckonable service at discharge was just over 21 years, during which he served 11 years 9 months on the Isle of Mauritius, the remainder served at home, he was discharged as unfit in December 1843 (a chronic chest problem), and he was described as a labourer, 5'10.5" tall, with brown hair, grey eyes, and fresh complexion.