Author Topic: Zidsel M Rasmussen & Kristian Nielsen Haugaard, Arhus Denmark 1877 onward.  (Read 424 times)

Offline ankerpep_52

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Zidsel was born 28 Apr 1846, in Storring, Framlev Arhus-Married 16 Nov 1877, Storring to Kristian Nielsen Haugaard (clogmaker)born about 1849, Sjelle Framlev Arhus. In 1878 they moved to Sjelle parish and dau. Ane Marie Kristine Nielsen was born, She died 6 Jan 1893 in Arhus.  In 1880 they moved to Sabro parish and 1883 on to Arhus Aarhus.
My Querie-Wish to obtain Zidsel's full date of death and where, also- where were they married, date of Kristian's actual birth, & death details.  Was there any other children born after they were married.
I know this is alot to ask, however, I have tried going to arkiver online and cannot decipher the records.and do not speak any Danish.  Zidsel is my grand aunt, (my grand dads Soren Rasmussen's sister.   Any information would be very helpful-Storriing records have been checked.Thank you anker_pep52
HARTLEY- Derby&Ldn/ COLE- Hants&Ldn/ CREED-Berks & Ldn   WHYNTIE-Deskford,Banff,Scot.& Kent/ SI(Y)MONDS-Kent, Ldn   BRADLEY & DOCWRA & BOKOTA-& LAND- Islington &Kent/  HUMPHERSTON-Ldn./ ALLEN-Ldn & Surrey/ SMITH-LdnR
DOWNEY & DAVIDSON & FITCHARD-NBL & Durham, England
RASMUSSEN-Storring Arhus,& SORENSEN-Veng,Skanderborg Denmark/HANSEN-Fejo,Fuglse,Maribo,DK

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Zidsel M Rasmussen & Kristian Nielsen Haugaard, Arhus Denmark 1877 onward.
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 July 20 21:12 BST (UK) »
Christian Nielsen's birth:
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01prg/ - top left.

Ian

Offline ankerpep_52

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 27 July 20 22:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Jamkat;  Top left for Sabro 1849- I cannot recognize the name of Christian Nielsen or Haugaard or any other information to the right of this. It looks like this surname begins with -?y?? even when enlarged. Are you able to make out any of the information to the right as to parents names etc?

He appears to change his surname as in 1884, Oct 20th , he was listed as Haugaard from Aarhus, at the baptism of his wife,s sister's child in Storring Framlev.  Confusing  Anker_pep 52 (Janet) 
HARTLEY- Derby&Ldn/ COLE- Hants&Ldn/ CREED-Berks & Ldn   WHYNTIE-Deskford,Banff,Scot.& Kent/ SI(Y)MONDS-Kent, Ldn   BRADLEY & DOCWRA & BOKOTA-& LAND- Islington &Kent/  HUMPHERSTON-Ldn./ ALLEN-Ldn & Surrey/ SMITH-LdnR
RASMUSSEN-Storring Arhus,& SORENSEN-Veng,Skanderborg Denmark/HANSEN-Fejo,Fuglse,Maribo,DK

Offline ankerpep_52

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 27 July 20 22:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Ian-Thanks for all of this- Can you tell me what the words are, before Christians name on the Marriage document. He is Haugaard on this, and in the 1880 Census, used Nielsen as surname.  Is this normal at this time, as I have not come across this before.  Janet

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 27 July 20 22:33 BST (UK) »
It says "Ungkarl og träskomager" - Batchelor and cobbler

He didn't seem to use the name Haugaard much.

Ian

Added: Clog maker is better than cobbler.

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 27 July 20 22:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Jamkat;  Top left for Sabro 1849- I cannot recognize the name of Christian Nielsen or Haugaard or any other information to the right of this. It looks like this surname begins with -?y?? even when enlarged. Are you able to make out any of the information to the right as to parents names etc?

He appears to change his surname as in 1884, Oct 20th , he was listed as Haugaard from Aarhus, at the baptism of his wife,s sister's child in Storring Framlev.  Confusing  Anker_pep 52 (Janet)

His name is recorded as Christian Njelsen. His parents were Njels Laursen and Kerstin or Kristine ?.

An "h" looks like an "h" and a "j" joined together....... this was how an "h" was written back then.

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 27 July 20 22:42 BST (UK) »
"h"