Author Topic: Ann Barker or Ann Bennet ?? help needed please  (Read 469 times)

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ann Barker or Ann Bennet ?? help needed please
« on: Monday 27 July 20 20:07 BST (UK) »
hi im trying to find the Ann married to John Humphries b 15th July 1780 Madeley, Shropshire, his wife Ann could be Ann Barker marriage 21 Oct 1822 , there children i have are Emma , Elizabeth, Mary Ann, Edmund, Sarah  and Thomas. the reason i feel its Ann Barker and not Bennett is because ,there 3rd daughter Mary Ann, her son, John Humphries (grandson to John and Ann) has a lodger living with him in 1881 census a Thomas Barker aged 22 could this possibly be a relative of Ann Barker?.
other people have however Ann Bennett on there trees

i have Ann as b1795 d 1863 John as date of death as 9th July 1838
John was illigitimate, there daughter Mary Ann had her son  John Illigitimate too, it tends to be a trend on this branches
any help greatly appriciated
Names i am researching are: Riley, Peaker, Jones,Smith, Dobson, Ford, Humphries, Cross, Peckston, Power, Raby, Raper, Snipe Hulse, Whelan, Darling, Morton, Wild, Moss, Ibbotson, Grimes, Broadbelt, Jowett, Nicholson
Areas of interest: Leeds, Castleford, Wakefield, Kent, Westham, Northumberland, Lancashire, Pontefract,  Flintshire, Liverpool

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Barker or Ann Bennet ?? help needed please
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 July 20 11:02 BST (UK) »
Just a few observations.

Children + John 17 May 1829

I do not see a marriage for Ann Bennet to a Humphries?

I wonder if Ann Barker was a widow when she married John?

Ann as b1795 d 1863, according to the GRO record if she died in Madeley she was 88, therefore born about 1775. Maybe an error for 68?

John as date of death as 9th July 1838 GRO record states age as 45, about 1793, I presume the one below?

John Humphreys   12 May 1793   Ratlinghope, Shropshire   Mary

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Barker or Ann Bennet ?? help needed please
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 July 20 17:35 BST (UK) »
i have all information for John the husband, his birth death etc, the census ages are consistant with Ann year of birth, and the possible death in 63.

The reason im after Ann surname as Barker, i there is  Thomas Barker and ive done the tree back for him and cant find an Ann at all around that year that would fit in with Ann Barker that married John

Weenie
Names i am researching are: Riley, Peaker, Jones,Smith, Dobson, Ford, Humphries, Cross, Peckston, Power, Raby, Raper, Snipe Hulse, Whelan, Darling, Morton, Wild, Moss, Ibbotson, Grimes, Broadbelt, Jowett, Nicholson
Areas of interest: Leeds, Castleford, Wakefield, Kent, Westham, Northumberland, Lancashire, Pontefract,  Flintshire, Liverpool