Author Topic: Retrieving photos stored in camera's In-built memory.  (Read 245 times)

Offline Musicman

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Retrieving photos stored in camera's In-built memory.
« on: Wednesday 29 July 20 06:35 BST (UK) »
Grabbed one of my cameras for a ‘photo opportunity’ and turned it on without looking at the screen so didn’t seen the on-screen messages – ‘no card’ and ‘photos will be stored on Internal Memory’ – oops!  Got the Lumix instructions online to retrieve the photos and followed them carefully.  I transfer my pics using Picasa 3, but on this occasion it was unable to find the pics on the camera.  Please can anyone help/advise?

John

Offline Calverley Lad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Retrieving photos stored in camera's In-built memory.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 29 July 20 08:46 BST (UK) »
Silly question maybe?
Can you put in a card and transfer photos across. Page 169 of the manual :)
[Another Lumix user -FZ45]
 Brian
Yewdall/Yewdell/Youdall -Yorkshire

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 July 20 13:50 BST (UK) »
Same with mine (Lumix FZ62) - in the Playback menu there's a Copy function which lets you move them from the internal memory to the card (or vice versa).
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Musicman

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 30 July 20 21:00 BST (UK) »
It works!  Yup, you are right!  I’ve not taken photos in the built-in memory before. So, went to dear old google which gave this: ‘How do I download pictures from my Lumix camera’s internal memory?  To transfer photos to a computer from the Internal Memory using the USB cable, first remove the memory card from the camera.  Then, when the camera is connected, the computer and software will only see what is in the internal memory and transfer those photos and videos.’ 
But, that didn’t work . . . so that’s when I posted on here. Eventually I tried it out and . . . the photos transferred to the memory card!  Thanks for your help - much appreciated.  Incidentally, my latest camera – the Lumix TZ100, does not have an inbuilt memory!  :o