Author Topic: Windows 10 Update Problem  (Read 411 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Windows 10 Update Problem
« on: Wednesday 29 July 20 15:23 BST (UK) »
Has anyone else had a problem with Windows Live Mail after recent updates? I am getting this:

Error: ID: Ox800c013e
we have tried "Reimage Repair" but on completion, payment was requested. I tried another one but that also took me to the same programme.

Does anyone have an idiots guide to repairing this annoying problem. I have been trying for over two hours without success  ::)

Everything that was pale blue has also turned a sickly pale lilac, bottom tool bar and background  :(

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Michael J

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 10 Update Problem
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 29 July 20 15:36 BST (UK) »
Windows Live Mail seems to have been superseded by Windows Mail in Win 10, so any system updates could stop Live Mail working.

Sorry not much help, perhaps try putting your email settings in Win10 Mail.

Michael.

Offline q98

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 July 20 15:42 BST (UK) »
“Payment was requested”?
q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'.30"E
Hamilton, Kennedy, Lovell, McCreadie, Murray, Workman - Ayrshire, Scotland
Lovell - Texas, USA
McCreadie - Dunedin, NZ
Boyle - Eire
McCreadie, Wills, Wyatt - Queensland
Tait/Tate - Toronto, Canada
Workman, McEwan - OFS, South Africa

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 29 July 20 15:45 BST (UK) »
Yes...are you suggesting that I should pay then?

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Dyingout

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Father Charles in his hockey playing days
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 29 July 20 16:23 BST (UK) »
Carol
Sickly pale lilac that's a new one. Have seen sickly greens and blues

You need to go into setting, Personalisation, Colours. Set windows mode, to light or dark your preference.

Then turn off transparency effects and  accent colours from background
Dow/Dowe Norfolk and Suffolk
Mulley/Wilden Suffolk
Loome/lombe Norfolk

Offline cuffie81

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 29 July 20 16:30 BST (UK) »
MS announced in 2016 it was discontinuing support for Windows Live Mail. The problem you have is likely either due to WLM no longer working with the latest Win libraries or MS changing their mail servers and WLM isn't able to connect.

You're really going to have to move to another email client application. The following article has some suggestions.

Microsoft is killing off Windows Live Mail – what should I do?
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/askjack/2016/jun/02/microsoft-killing-windows-live-mail-what-should-i-do-hotmail-msn-outlook

As for the "payment requested" message, that's probably a message from Reimage Repair, which is commercial software and requires purchase to use it's full functionality. Given that MS have stopped supporting WLM I suspect Reimage Repair won't be able to fix it regardless.
Anderson Banks Beard Brewer Caves Clarke Clinch Cooling Cuff Denton Gamble Gibson Gunn Hunt Mills Muncey Norris Notzke Reid Robinson Searle Smith Trundle Turner Weedon Wells Wilson

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 29 July 20 16:31 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that, very helpful  :D
Carol

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 29 July 20 16:34 BST (UK) »
MS announced in 2016 it was discontinuing support for Windows Live Mail. The problem you have is likely either due to WLM no longer working with the latest Win libraries or MS changing their mail servers and WLM isn't able to connect.

You're really going to have to move to another email client application. The following article has some suggestions.

Microsoft is killing off Windows Live Mail – what should I do?
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/askjack/2016/jun/02/microsoft-killing-windows-live-mail-what-should-i-do-hotmail-msn-outlook

As for the "payment requested" message, that's probably a message from Reimage Repair, which is commercial software and requires purchase to use it's full functionality. Given that MS have stopped supporting WLM I suspect Reimage Repair won't be able to fix it regardless.

Thanks for that Cuffie...after reading shedloads of info I realise that it will no longer be available. Yes, you are right about image repair, that's why I refused to pay as I have Norton aldready, I felt I would just be buying another anti virus software programme.

Thanks again.
Carol

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 30 July 20 08:53 BST (UK) »
I've just bought a new laptop and decided I'd get a local company to switch everything from the old to new laptops.  I've done it in the past but it's such a pain but I knew this company and they've fixed problems with my laptop in the past.  Anyway, everything was switched over and the laptop is working well.

The point is, the IT man said that Windows built in anti-virus etc. is now so good that people don't need to buy Norton, or any other similar programmes.  So save your money folks for something else.