Author Topic: Ellen Mahoney from Blarney?  (Read 453 times)

Offline LAW1221

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ellen Mahoney from Blarney?
« on: Wednesday 29 July 20 16:23 BST (UK) »
Hi
Wondering if anyone might have Ellen Mahoney Barry (dob abt 1811??) in their trees.  I've been working this family and trying to prove out that the Ellen Mahoney who married Edward (Ned) Barry (marriage date ukn) and had at least two children born in Caheragh Cork:  James - 1832 and Mary (1833-1916 -  Mary married Murty Hourihane in Caheragh 1858), is the daughter of Martin Mahoney (1764 (possibly at Dromore Castle Kerry) dod 1834).  This Marin would be the same Martin that ran the Mahoney Bros Mills in Blarney which later became the Blarney Woollen Mills.  He had a daugher, Ellen with second wife Maria Reynolds around 1811.  I have some information that leads me to this path (honestly just another person's tree which doesn't have a ton of proof attached) but want to try and come up with a connection.  Thanks in advance.

Laura

Offline mazzm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ellen Mahoney from Blarney?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 December 20 05:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello Laura,

I came across this article about Frances Sylvester O'Mahony who was Martin's son, born 1804. In paragraph 12 it states he was nursed by his sister Ellen Woodlock from Cork so I'm not sure you have the right connection.
https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/an-irishwoman-s-diary-1.1171809
Walsh, Buckley, McCarthy, Chute, Donovan

Offline LAW1221

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ellen Mahoney from Blarney?
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 December 20 14:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Yes, I agree.  I was very excited at first and then with further research realized that the connection was not the same.  Thank you so much for responding!

Laura