Author Topic: Diary > Wednesday 29th July.  (Read 400 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Diary > Wednesday 29th July.
« on: Thursday 30 July 20 06:45 BST (UK) »
Looks like I get to start!! :D
A lovely bright morning.  We decided to get out for a morning walk, and went via the post office in town to send off a birthday card to one of the Morris group, then to the end of Preston beach and back in time for lunch.
From the balcony we could see the beaches were quite busy, so we didn't go out for our evening walk until 8:00 p.m. by which time the prom was far quieter. 

Hope Thursday is good for everyone. :-*
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Wednesday 29th July.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 30 July 20 10:44 BST (UK) »
Glad to hear you had a good day Mowsehowse and some lovely walks.
I didn't have anything interesting to report last night and was tired too, I thought Caroline would have beaten me to it, maybe she was feeling the same.

A bright day here too, out for my usual walk, couldn't be bothered with going any further. Have been feeling unsettled for a few days and was feeling a bit agitated too. Did some chores , cut the front lawn and a bit of gardening, the weather turned out sunnier than expected so sat reading for a while in the sun.

Tesco delivery at five, usual wiping down and storing or quarantining. Wasn't hungry, just had egg on toast and some fruit. Will make up for it today.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 30 July 20 13:13 BST (UK) »
Woke feeling rested and sun was shining - forecast was to cloud over by lunchtime but they were wrong!   Sunny for the rest of the day.

Went over to see the birthday girl - Sophia (known as Fifi) 10 - our gymnast and comedienne/actress.  Sure this girl will end up on the stage.  She received the first hug from me since lockdown and it felt so good.   Attach a photo of her holding her cake made by grandad (my brother in law).   Her sister Amelia's birthday on 4th August - 13 (going on 21) - and she has requested a Nutella cake. 

Spent all afternoon in the garden - my sister and b-i-l arrived shortly after me.   On the way home I popped into B & M to get a couple of plants and saw a beautiful hanging basket for just £6 - couldn't resist and got that as an extra present for Julie who I'll be seeing later today.

Home around 5.30 - pottered about and then had salad/quiche for dinner.   Did some jigsaw which is quite difficult so a real challenge.   Watched some tv - repeats of George Gently and New Tricks.

All in all really enjoyed the day - especially nice to have hugs again with the girls.  Love them to bits.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 30 July 20 13:44 BST (UK) »
Well I am certainly late with yesterday's diary!

Roobarb - yes I was tired and couldn't muster the energy to write anything!
Sorry you've felt agitated and unsettled.... hope you've got lovely sunshine today to lift your mood.

Mowsehowse- glad you had a good day with lots of good weather and relaxing day... hopefully that means my family will have too... they'll be on their way home tomorrow Friday, the hotest day of the week!

Annette- the birthday girl looks very happy with her cake and a pretty girl. I am sure it was lovely to give her a hug and hope I may beable to do the same with my grandsons sometime soon.... glad you had a good day and lovely weather.

My day
The sun was out but still quite a lot of cloud, warm in the sunshine too. Breezyin the shade.
Bread making day today so got all items out for OH ....
Friend arrived mid morning... so lovely to see her as not seen her since March.... she lives on her own on an isolated farm just outside the village... don't know how she manages its quite lonely... her hubbie died a couple of years ago but fortunately her son comes every day to run the farm which they do together now. We had a good chat chewing over everything that's been going on and as she was a nurse still keeps in contact with those still working and said how local hospital wards are empty with only emergencies being dealt with but still fully staffed who are twiddling their thumbs .. seems such a waste!
We discussed our Christmas Fayre which we did for the first time last year raising money for Young Carers and with the 'Big Give'  organisation who matched what we raised we gave them nearly £1300! We had decided to do one again this year still raising money for them but now I think we won't be doing it and perhaps try in the spring next year.....
By the time she left it was lunch time but of course being baking day lunch was eventually 2.30.... I was busy sewing as usual and kept calling down is it ready yet!
Sewed most of the afternoon then got things ready for neighbours coming round for early evening drink and nibbles.... just one couple today, friends who we went skiing with in January, decided after last time I'd add a few extras to eat so did crackers with cream cheese, smoked salmon and a Somerset Brie with crackers and celery, grapes... it all went down very well and we were able to sit outside. Had a few spots of rain by which time we all decided it was time to depart.
Having eaten lots of bits we ended up with just a bacon sandwich!
We watched some tv - Mrs America which was recorded....
really tired as had woken early so went to bed and head hit the pillow and out like a light!

Hope everyone's weather today is as nice as it is here..

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 30 July 20 16:50 BST (UK) »
Annette, sounds like a great day, lovely for you to be able to hug Sophia and Amelia. The hanging basket sounds a great bargain for that price.

Caroline, was beginning to think you'd slept in!  ;D Not surprised you were tired after such a busy day but lovely that you had such a good time with friends. What a shame about your fundraising being postponed, hope you can go ahead next year.
(Not a glimmer of sunshine here today  :'( )
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales