Author Topic: My Wylde Family Photos  (Read 2046 times)

Offline ichthys

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: My Wylde Family Photos
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 08 August 20 14:26 BST (UK) »
I apparently have plenty of time on my hands since in victoria we are under lockdown, so i thought I would give this one a go, I took some artistic licensing and changed the background. Also 2 versions a sepia and a b&w one

Offline ichthys

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 08 August 20 14:28 BST (UK) »
 :)

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Life is evanescent but love eternal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 10 August 20 01:37 BST (UK) »
Thank YOU ever so much for the additional photos.  I do love the full photo like that!  Hugs to you!
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 10 August 20 01:38 BST (UK) »
Carole in Dallas.  I don't think you need my permission as I was tinkering with your own photographs. If you do, then you have it as I'm grateful for the opportunity to practice the repairing and restoring of pix which I can then apply to my own family's collections.   Half my family have sticky out lugs, including me and only my youngest sister had hers 'normalized' by a plastic surgeon at Canniesburn hospital, Bearsden, nr. Glasgow when she was 12 years old as she was bullied and mocked at her school.  A very simple 'cut' of some cartilage was all that was needed.  My brothers and I suffered the same but learned to fight, my usual response to ' Loppy Lugs' and ' Nelly the Elephant' and ' Hoi, Big Ears, where's Noddy?' was ' you may well laugh but they're not half as funny as your broken nose.'
Here's what James would have looked like if he had had the operation.

You made me chuckle with your story!  Thanks ever so much for the smile!

I did not have ears like that, but my little grandson does!  I was wondering where these came from!  Now I know!  Smiling!
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Offline tomkin

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Monday 10 August 20 14:21 BST (UK) »
Couple I forgot to put on

Offline tomkin

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday 10 August 20 14:21 BST (UK) »

And a tint

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Monday 10 August 20 16:39 BST (UK) »
I love these! Your acumen and skill is breathtaking. Deep and grateful thanks sent your way!

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 11 August 20 21:38 BST (UK) »
I had to take a moment to thank each and everyone of you for taking your time to help me restore this photo.  Cecelia was pretty special to me since she stepped into the shoes of my great grandmother when she died to take care of her two children.  My grandfather was only a week old when his mother died.  Each and every one of these restorations are near and dear to my heart and I am truly grateful!  Thanks once again!