Author Topic: My Wylde Family Photos  (Read 2028 times)

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Life is evanescent but love eternal.
    • View Profile
Re: My Wylde Family Photos
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 01 August 20 16:23 BST (UK) »
Oh my goodness!  These are simply lovely!  I cannot thank you enough. 

Hugs of appreciation to all you!  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 01 August 20 16:26 BST (UK) »
I need an opion.

Which of these two are actually my grandfather based on the photo I uploaded when he was a bit older?

So confusing! 
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 01 August 20 16:35 BST (UK) »
For what it's worth - the child on the right.
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 01 August 20 16:48 BST (UK) »
I would also say that the one on the right. Both have the ears, it's just that the child on the right is not as full on to the camera.

Add - note that the shoulders are slightly turned
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 01 August 20 19:45 BST (UK) »
One is 3 years old and one if 5 years old.  Does the one on the right look to be 3 vs. 5 years old? Now that I look at it again, I do see where the one on the right is my grandfather.  I am glad I uploaded this photo here!  I had put the boy on the girl's memorial on findagrave.

Thanks all!  YOU have helped me tremendously! Where in the world did they get those ears?  I had to smile!

Here he is in his 20s.  He was always a "dapper" dresser.  All dressed up to walk through the park!

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 01 August 20 20:06 BST (UK) »
One other quick question.

I would love to use your restorations on my tree on ancestry.com, findagrave.com and familysearch.org and wanted ask permission to do so.  Also, how would you like for me to state the credit?  Thanks again!

These are stunning and I am thrilled to have these for my family to share now. 

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks for Helping Me An Old Photo of Cecelia Wylde
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 01 August 20 22:31 BST (UK) »
            "
   P.S. The Cornish Pasty was 227 grams , 569 Kcal of deliciousness, so some more :P :P :P :P :P

I had to look up what a Cornish Pasty was!  I looked on allrecipes.com to see how to make it.

With everyone being so shut in here in Texas, it might be fun to try a new dish.  Does this recipe look like a good one?

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/12246/cornish-pasty/?internalSource=hub%20recipe&referringContentType=Search&clickId=cardslot%201

Offline tomkin

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 01 August 20 22:42 BST (UK) »

" wanted ask permission to do so.  Also, how would you like for me to state the credit?  Thanks again! "

You've got my permission, and just credit RootsChat Restorers or something. :D

"  Does this recipe look like a good one? "

Don't know ??? ??? ???  I'll eat anything ;D

Some of the variants  look very interesting especially with Rutabaga  :D :D :D :D

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 02 August 20 00:38 BST (UK) »
Carole in Dallas.  I don't think you need my permission as I was tinkering with your own photographs. If you do, then you have it as I'm grateful for the opportunity to practice the repairing and restoring of pix which I can then apply to my own family's collections.   Half my family have sticky out lugs, including me and only my youngest sister had hers 'normalized' by a plastic surgeon at Canniesburn hospital, Bearsden, nr. Glasgow when she was 12 years old as she was bullied and mocked at her school.  A very simple 'cut' of some cartilage was all that was needed.  My brothers and I suffered the same but learned to fight, my usual response to ' Loppy Lugs' and ' Nelly the Elephant' and ' Hoi, Big Ears, where's Noddy?' was ' you may well laugh but they're not half as funny as your broken nose.'
Here's what James would have looked like if he had had the operation.
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, COLLISONS,  Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands and Broughton.  Wilson - Ffrance of Rawcliffe,  Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.