Author Topic: Diary - Friday, 31 July 2020  (Read 778 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Friday, 31 July 2020
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 01 August 20 09:57 BST (UK) »
Caroline, I’ve detailed some of the excuses for being out that we’re NOT acceptable here.

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=834479.msg7003306

It's quite staggering the excuses people give for doing what they shouldn't .... as if anyone's going to believe them...

Caroline

What... like driving 360 miles during lockdown for childcare?
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 01 August 20 10:16 BST (UK) »
This son is the one with mild Asperger’s syndrome and he can’t stand loud noises anyway but the intensity of his work ,four computers , internationally ,
mean it is intense.
The neighbours are very strange ,don’t seem to mind what people think of them at all.
This noise problem has been going on for years ,if it was just my son  affected I would think it was just him, but no - other neighbours have complained .
But the noisy ones send for the Police at the drop of a hat.
In the middle of an international “ conference”the Police arrived at my son’s house.
Reports from Noisy neighbours that there was  black acrid smoke coming from you son’s  chimney.
Invited in there was some small amount of white ash in the open fire grate.
Son explained they were moving because of the noise - but children and dog inside when Police car spotted driving down a rather long road to the avenue which is like the top of a T ,son and neighbours’ houses the top bar.
Son explained they were moving due to noise problems and he had indeed burnt some old bank statements when he went to make a coffee
and took a small break.
There was nothing in the grate,bin etc that was black.
Police went next door ,hopefully to caution them re wasting Police time,.
 They get away with it despite more than one neighbour complaining ..
Police went back and said to my son there would be no further action.
Sadly there will be ,by the neighbours ,there always is and my son has never called the Police just spoken civilly explaining he is working at home due to the difficult circumstances and appreciates it is difficult for everyone but he must be able to do his work and he knows he is not the only one affected by the noise but being the other half of a semi he and his wife are the worst affected .it has gone on for all the time the neighbours have lived there.
I said that he must admit he is very affected by noise and children need to let off steam,he and his brother certainly did!  But had anyone complained I would have tried to get them to play more quietly or gone for a walk, that is not really as easy in these days.
But it is the defiance, ask civilly if the noise levels could get down to a more acceptable level and the father brings out those  voovazoolas from a past Olympics and tells the children to play with them which drives the dog mad!
Neighbours from three gardens away have complained!
Ah well, my son and his wife will be somewhere quieter in a week or two ,let’s hope the neighbours  at their old house don’t drive the new tenants to distraction , but such is their malice CCTV cameras are being installed ,they moved a whole fence when my son and his wife were on holiday ,thus denying external access to one side of son’s conservatory.
Taking out the fence put in by the builders,which would honour the boundary and putting a new one in close up to  son’s  conservatory.
Oh enough if that, just makes you wonder how they have the cheek to call the Police!
So Roobarb, I do sympathise ,if only we could get your NN and my son’s noisy
really cheeky ones next to each other!
Life is not that simple is it!
Cheerio.
Viktoria,

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 01 August 20 10:30 BST (UK) »
Just imagine if everyone in the neighbourhood did the same and played music at full volume, it would be mayhem, it is inconsiderate in my opinion, the family we join onto is very noisy, at times you would think they had hibernated, then out of the blue they play music through a well known speaker till sometimes 12.30 ish, that means I am wide awake and cannot sleep, this week I was  awake till gone 3am, that is when  I am in my office on the computer,  I am up by 07.30, I don't think their music is that loud to be honest but I suppose I have good hearing, my husband sleeps through it, lucky him
But then I think we could have a much bigger family living there will oodles of children, so I suppose we ought to count our blessings

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 01 August 20 11:03 BST (UK) »
My heart goes out to all of you who are suffering from noisy inconsiderate neighbours... there's me moaning about one of ours who has left his garden to look like a jungle and puts bowls of seed out for the birds.... only the rats eat it and became quite a problem for all of our 8 houses...
motor bikes are our other source of,(especially more so at the beginning of lockdown) noise on a constant basis... but nothing like what you are all going through.

Viktoria- your poor son trying to work with all that noise going on around him... must really frazzle the nerves... I hope once they move he'll be able to relax and work in peace.

Dogs can certainly be an issue... sadly it's the owners not the dogs!

Caroline

Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 01 August 20 12:43 BST (UK) »
Noise is SUCH a problem isn't it.
It can go over your head, but the more one is aware, the more it magnifies to become insistent and annoying.
I do hope Viktoria's son can complete a move to somewhere more quiet without too much hassle, and that those of you suffering from annoying neighbours can rise above, and have a pleasing day.

BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 01 August 20 23:56 BST (UK) »
Caroline, the Phaedra Patrick book is The Secrets of Sunshine, it's her latest one. I really enjoyed The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper, also The Library of Lost and Found, and another decent one was something about under a willow tree. This one just seems to be a love story, nothing wrong with that if it's what you like button it doesn't have the quirkiness of the others. Keeps me off the streets though!
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 02 August 20 00:11 BST (UK) »
Caroline, the Phaedra Patrick book is The Secrets of Sunshine, it's her latest one. I really enjoyed The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper, also The Library of Lost and Found, and another decent one was something about under a willow tree. This one just seems to be a love story, nothing wrong with that if it's what you like button it doesn't have the quirkiness of the others. Keeps me off the streets though!
Just finished The Library of the Lost and Found... enjoyed that one now reading Rise and Shine, Benedict Stone...  borrowed those via library books... they don't have the Curious charms of Arthur Pepper so far...
 not keen on soppy romance either... like something thought provoking, quirky, historical, crime... most things except  science fiction, fantasy stuff... couldn't get on with Terry Pratchett books or JK Rowling either...

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK