Author Topic: Florence Cisily/Cecily Reeves  (Read 584 times)

Offline Bunbury125

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Florence Cisily/Cecily Reeves
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 02 August 20 08:07 BST (UK) »

Wife of FMJ Coombs of Army Canteen Board. Died of pneumonia 21 Jan 1926 and buried the same day at Karachi.
[/quote]

Frederick married again in 1933 in Calcutta to Enid Muriel Lafond. They had a daughter Pamela the following year.

Thanks
B
Reid, Munro, kempster: Edinburgh
Sutherland, Gunn: Caithness
Ferguson: Fife
McIntyre: Liverpool
Key: Newcastle On Tyne/ Norfolk
Lake, Brinded, Wymer, Briggs: Norfolk
Philipson, Kellet, Peet, Storrow, Leck, Gifford Willan, Dover Dowker, Casson Benson, Verty: Westmorland & Cumberland & Lancashire
Ludford, Allen, lockwood: Leicestershire & Warwickshire
Trotter, Collier, Pollard, Cresswell: Northumberland

Offline Bunbury125

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 02 August 20 08:10 BST (UK) »

[/quote]

The marriage took place at The Garrison Church.   :)

If her father was in the Army at this time then it is unlikely that you will find her on Passenger lists.  His service records will still be with the MOD.

Frederick & Matilda were in Kennington c1928.  When Matilda died in 1948 Frederick was a 'retired postman'
[/quote]

Thanks, I will check the MOD. :)
Philipson, Kellet, Peet, Storrow, Leck, Gifford Willan, Dover Dowker, Casson Benson, Verty: Westmorland & Cumberland & Lancashire

Offline Bunbury125

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 02 August 20 08:47 BST (UK) »
If you want to discuss possibilities,  then supply more of the known nfo.

You didn't give grooms age nor occupation,  you didn't give witness names, nor did you give any information on the brides father other than a name.

I agree with Rosie, that a search of passenger lists look worthwhile.

Re: Frederick  Reeves

I didn't know if he'd stayed with the Army or not or whether being a reserve meant he just put his name down on a list and never went anywhere. I thought in all likelihood  it was a temporary solution to some hardship and he probably got a permanent job as soon as possible.

The next time I found him in the records was in Surrey in 1939 when he was a Postman. He was living with Matilda and a son Frederick (b1911). Try as I might I couldn't find Florence until I saw that entry on FS. He died in 1959 having been a Postman all that time.
I had them in Newcastle and in Surrey and then suddenly India was thrown into the mix. I had to double check.

Florence and Frederick M J Coombs had two Children in Bengal, Gordon Murdaugh Coombs b1924 and Dulcie Beatrice Coombs born 1925
Frederick MJ married again in 1933 in Calcutta to Enid Muriel Lafond. They had at least one child Pamela Adrienne b 1934.  I can't find what happened to any of them after that but I can now be fairly certain that that was the Florence I was looking for.
Matilda Gibson Key was my Grandfather's aunt. We never knew where the Gibson came from:D

Anyhow I will try to investigate his army details and thanks for your help :)

B