Author Topic: George Dando born 1824 Paulton  (Read 604 times)

Offline MasonT78

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
George Dando born 1824 Paulton
« on: Sunday 02 August 20 07:39 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,

Im trying to confirm the correct family etc for George Dando born Paulton, Somerset in 1824. He was the Son of George Dando (Blacksmith) and Susannah Hill. George and Susannah had other Children Mary Ann (1826-1906), Louisa (1828-1896) and Edward (My 4x Great Grandfather 1830-1914). Susannah died and George remarried Maria Cox and had another 8 children. (Jesse, William/Noah, Lydia, Jabez, Charles, Enoch, Enoch & Aaron) The family lived at Marksbury in Somerset.

Census Records have 2 different George Dandos born in Paulton about 1824.

I believe one married Eliza Hillier and moved to London and worked as a sawyer. 99% sure this inst the correct George.

There is another George who married Eliza Emery on the 28 November 1846 in Bristol. Their Marriage certificate has George being the son of Blacksmith George Dando (This matches) They had children:

Mark abt 1848 in Paulton
John abt 1850, in Paulton
Edward abt 1852 in Coleford
Job abt 1852 in Dudley
Elizabeth abt 1857 in Dudley
Jesse abt 1859 in Dudley
Mary D abt 1863 in Kingswinford
Laura abt 1867 in Kingswinford

I have just received the Death Certificate for a George Dando, Blacksmith who died on the 25th November 1873 at Tansey Green age 49. Informant was Eliza Bough. Unfortunately it doesn't mention the parents of George.

Everything seems to fit but I was wondering if there is any other resources or places I could look to confirm that the George who died in 1873 is the same as who married Eliza Emery and is the son of George Dando and Susannah Hill. (NOTE: George's Sister Mary Ann married Jesse Sage on the 25 June 1846 at Dudley,  so there seams to be some connection with that area). I couldnt seem to find anything in the newspapers.

Thanks for any suggestions
Chantelle
MASON
WYLIE
HAYES
DANDO
BINNS
SEARLE

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: George Dando born 1824 Paulton
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 02 August 20 08:02 BST (UK) »
Have you tried "Somerset Coalfield Connections?"  They show a George Dando b Paulton 1824. You might find something of interest to help you.
I think this site is now lined to A**********
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!

Offline MasonT78

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 August 20 08:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks. It's worth a look.

Im a big advocate for not relying on other people's family tree's unless they have reliable sources & documents. I have come across so many people attached to the wrong families.
MASON
WYLIE
HAYES
DANDO
BINNS
SEARLE

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 11 August 20 07:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Chantelle,

The George Dando b.1824 was bapt. 2-3-1824 in Paulton, Som the s/o William & Mary. William's occupation is listed as Collier. (you say his parents were  George Dando (Blacksmith) and Susannah Hill). There was a Jacob Dando** bapt. 25-5-1823 Paulton to the same parents. There may be others but I haven't checked. These are taken from the original registers on Anc..y
For good measure in Paulton; William Dando, otp, bac - m - Mary Watts, of the town of Bradford, Wilts  21-3-1813. (Banns called 7, 14, & 21-3-1813).

I did notice there were other "Dando" entries in Paulton.

** Jacob Dando, Labr, bac, of St.Philip, married Mary Ann Hall 21-4-1845 Sts.Philip & Jacob, Gloucs
s/o William, Engineer;   Mary Ann, sp, of St.Philip, d/o Charles Hall, Blacksmith

Hope this helps. If you would like screenshots send me a PM with email address.

Alan

Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk