Author Topic: Phillip Salmon/Sammons - bap Feb 1775 Bures, Suffolk.  (Read 1185 times)

Offline essexpoet

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Phillip Salmon/Sammons - bap Feb 1775 Bures, Suffolk.
« Reply #9 on: Friday 21 August 20 13:59 BST (UK) »
Not that I can help much but I too have been researching the Salmon and Byford families in the Gestingthorpe area. I also have been unable to locate the birth place and parentage of Philip Salmon.
Many of the descendants moved to the Maplesteads.
George Byford is mentioned - a marriage to Tabitha Cranfield 10/04/1778 in Little Yeldham seems likely and George himself may have been born c1739 in Belchamp St Paul being an adjacent village.
All a bit circumstantial.

Mike
Halstead ,The Hedinghams,The Maplesteads,The Belchamps,Gosfield,Gestingthorpe,Stisted,Toppesfield

Offline boxoffrogs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 21 August 20 16:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike, thank you, Tabitha Cranfield was Tabitha Gibbons, yes all a bit of a black hole! So many Salmon and Byford threads too. I'm hoping the DNA might eventually help, it did get me wondering if Philip Salmon who married Tabitha Byford was possibly illegitimate as Philip is a name that does stick out in the records...sometimes - are you a direct link to Tabitha and George?
Sue
Essex/Suffolk and further afield where linked - Partridge, Elliott, Beckwith, Lewsey, Owers, Appelton, Josselyn, Sewell, Lindsell and loads of others!

Offline essexpoet

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 21 August 20 16:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue,
I agree with Tabitha Gibbons - her marriage to Thomas Cranfield did not last long.
I cannot see that I have a direct line relationship with any Salmon or that particular Byford line although there is an indirect relationship with them both. I have a general interest in the area as so many families are connected. I note that one of your named interests is Partridge -that is a direct line name for me.
Mike
Halstead ,The Hedinghams,The Maplesteads,The Belchamps,Gosfield,Gestingthorpe,Stisted,Toppesfield

Offline boxoffrogs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 21 August 20 17:30 BST (UK) »
Partridge, yes a direct link too, you are indeed right, so many of those local families are connected, somehow! Are you on Ancestry, I'm wondering if we too may be linked!
Sue
Essex/Suffolk and further afield where linked - Partridge, Elliott, Beckwith, Lewsey, Owers, Appelton, Josselyn, Sewell, Lindsell and loads of others!

Offline essexpoet

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 21 August 20 18:04 BST (UK) »
Sue,
Not on Ancestry now. Just GRU.
Think our common line may be Edward c1752 ?
Mike

Offline boxoffrogs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 21 August 20 18:27 BST (UK) »
Ha, yes Edward, married Sarah Garrard or spelling variants, and for myself thereafter via John/Ann Nunn.
Sue

Offline essexpoet

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 21 August 20 18:38 BST (UK) »
Ha yes indeed,

My line is via John's brother Thomas/Jane Monk.

Mike

Offline boxoffrogs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 21 August 20 19:12 BST (UK) »
Pleased to meet you cousin, and good to know it's not just me in the Salmon Byford Black hole!! ::)
If I get a breakthrough I'll let you know!!

Offline essexpoet

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 21 August 20 20:00 BST (UK) »
Sue,
Yes we must be cousins - a number of times removed. If you have any other brick walls you would like to bounce off me let me know. I have not moved many miles from our shared origins.

Mike