Author Topic: Diary - Sunday, 2 August 2020  (Read 911 times)

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Sunday, 2 August 2020
« Reply #9 on: Monday 03 August 20 23:27 BST (UK) »
Annette - How right you are about ones mood and the weather... think we're all feeling that... at least looks like some nice warm sunshine in our part of the world and hopefully for others too..

Mowsehowse - sorry to hear your day wasn't too interesting... not like you not to have a little take about some wildlife you've encountered... hope today's been a better one...

Pharma - your cooking sounds exciting, nice to do different meals... pity about your slow cooker though... ought to make more use of mine a,ways forget I've got it as it's stuffed away in a cupboard!l

LM - you sound a bit down ... its hard to quantify sometimes why we all make the effort to do the right thing when some folk just carry on as if nothing's wrong.... watering plants can be very therapeutic apparently... think that's why my OH does it every day it's not going to or already rained... not much point growing veg and letting it wilt and die he says!
Hope you're feeling better today.
Roobarb- it's great to take pleasure in doing something creative like your gardening and painting... we all need something at the moment to keep us sane!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 04 August 20 20:44 BST (UK) »
Mowsehowse, your comment made me laugh.  Part of me (a big part) does wish I could leave the garden to annual leave.  However, I think I would have a breakdown if I had to face up with any inevitable  jungle on any proper time off.😬😉

Llwyd, yes J.O. did feature in the dream.  He was as pleased with and enthusiastic about his own dishes as he is in his programmes.  I am just thankful that the dream didn't feature Gordon Ramsey.  I think if I had had the worry of his bad temper in my dream I might just have had a heart attack in my sleep and not woken up at all.😜
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 04 August 20 21:06 BST (UK) »
I bought 2 pairs of shoes online recently, not normally an online shopper but we were on lockdown,  so decided today to take one pair back to the only shop in Essex by that name, so refunded one pair and bought 2 more, promised myself I would  throw 2 pairs of shoes out, then managed to go into 2 more shops and get 2 more bargains, hopefully to wear if we get away.

Took advantage of the meal offer and had a lovely meal for half price, just a main and a sweet,  can't do a 3 course nowadays

On the way home called into a nursery hoping to get more bedding plants, for some reason my bizzie lizzies  in my front garden seem to be dying, bought from 2 different places, I water every night but I put them in when it was very hot inJune and we haven't had much rain , so I have to root the dying ones out and replace them, i would like to decrease my front bedding area as it really is to big, something for me to think about

Hope you have all had a good day

Louise Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 04 August 20 22:07 BST (UK) »
I must admit I don't plant things like the experts tell you, I don't have the patience a lot of the time but they do recommend giving the plants a good soaking before you remove them from the containers you bought them in and separate some of the roots to give them a good start. Perhaps you could put some perennials in instead, it would save you having to plant every year. I haven't done that either, I'm not practicing what I preach! 
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 04 August 20 22:26 BST (UK) »
I do have some but it needs plants at the border, am sure it will be OK when I get the new plants in,  would like it to rain before  I plant them to give them a fighting  chance

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 04 August 20 22:33 BST (UK) »
I'll send you some, we've had plenty!  ;D
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales