Author Topic: Diary - Tuesday, 4 August 2020  (Read 1494 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Tuesday, 4 August 2020
« Reply #18 on: Friday 07 August 20 09:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Viktoria,
I can understand them being concerned about someone parking by/in front of their lowered kerb but it sounds like they went way over the top in how they dealt with this.  I am sorry to hear you got the brunt of their ire.  I do feel for both you and Roobarb about these unpleasant neighbours who shout and swear when worked up.  My own outlook is there is no need to shout if there isn't a fire.
I think it is awful the way these neighbours approached you - it sounds quite intimidating and quite out of order.  I think you did well to remain so calm.  If only they had discussed the matter calmly things could have been sorted out much better.  I hope you have a good day today and can put this recent nasty experience to the back of your mind somehow. 

By the way I will use your phone alarm tip if I feel overly tired on the buses.  If I don't hear this because of engine noise I might resort to an egg timer which is much louder.  I am not the only one on buses who dozes occasionally, so might end up doing a good turn in waking up someone else as well.  Hopefully, they might view it as a good turn.  ;)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 07 August 20 10:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks, I was a bit worried about myself ,I occasionally get very rapid heartbeats ,which can lead to clotting, I am on Aspirin ,however it settled down whilst hand sewing my curtain hems.
Now, just as with Roobarb, I am conscious of myself, I had planned to weed
the strip in front of my fence where some weeds are sprouting ,I try to keep it nice , now I feel cautious about doing that  after the barb” you think you own this street”.That was just something nasty to say but my tidying will reinforce his words ,- in his mind-  but I will do the weeding ‘cos if I own the street I must keep it tidy! Ne ne ne ne Neh ne!
I have not got to the stage where he does not exist , it is easy to say but hard to arrive at!
Never mind him , my gladioli are coming out ,the orange / lemony ones. No pink in full flower as yet.
I staked them yesterday ,after the shouting , my back was burning as nasty neighbour was talking to a passer by on the pavement .
But I needed to get outside and act normally ,I am not hiding away from him
I shall carry on as normal .
If my OH were here he would have been magnificent,icy cool and very cutting
But given the violence of neighbour’s speech and general demeanour I would have been worried  ,no better to just move on and do my own thing ,but see how quickly they can make you self conscious

Though I  ses  it as shouldn’t ,the curtains are so much better , a nice definite line at the bottom hem.
I didn’t take them down, too much hassle and anyway it was easier to get a straight  edge following the check pattern.
My ironing board is adjustable so on a high level, I could press and sew with them still hanging..
I use a narrow board to do the hems , doing a bit from the top and a bit from  the bottom,a cross stitch ,and the board speeds it up no end.Your needle goes through to the board and with a light touch you pick up just a thread or two.Very neat.
Can’t remember the stitch.
Well chicken and mushroom pie for tea , broccoli and new potatoes .
Yoghurt for pud.
We will see weather wise , maybe 38 degrees will kill off some germs,COVID-19 was supposed to not like heat !
Cheerio,folks.
Have a nice weekend ,me? I am going to bathe topless in my garden , that will show him ! Oooer, it will won’t it  ! :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

No ,cover up and sun screen is more sensible.
Viktoria.

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 07 August 20 11:16 BST (UK) »
Why do neighbours have to cause aggravation,  the family next door are very loud, got 2 adult children plus a grandchild, won't list all of the aggro but we have never argued, seldom hear the grandchild now aged 8 but we hear the rest plus any friends who pollute the air with their loud talk and bad language,  this morning once again I find 2 cigarette ends on my patio, it is so annoying  and now that have a dog that they allow to bark  even when they are in, we are very quiet people and are not killjoys at all, if moving could be done a blink  of a eye  I would be off, strange thing is at other times they seem to hibernate,   like you Viktoria i won't go into my front garden if they are there  and it shouldn't be like that

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 07 August 20 11:25 BST (UK) »
Well Roobarb, I had a taste of nasty neighbours this afternoon.
My son came with some shopping, he drops it off and does not come in,just chats a moment or two but not today as he had something to do and there was nowhere to park .
A little further down the road a newish couple have removed the front fence, had a lowered kerb put in and park in their front garden as they have a trades van and car.

My son could not find anywhere ,so did park by the  lowered kerb, the woman came out and berated him,he said  sorry but I am not staying and will be only two minutes.
She said she would report him ,he said you must do as you think fit but  I’ll be gone probably before you get through, ran up to me three doors up, ran back and drove off.
Half an hour later her husband came hammering in my door,screaming and swearing thatI did not own the street ,he had paid for the dropped kerb and if my son wanted to tackle anybody he could take him on ! etc etc.
I said my son had explained,was polite and literally was two minutes only.
Whew I was shaking like a leaf but I kept calm and was polite.
Checked with son as to what I thought I had heard ,and yes I had heard properly.
The woman said she was going out in a short while but actually did not leave at all.
This is one of the families that have not observed any rules throughout lockdown.zThdy are building an extension and all weekends, starting very early they have mixers etc,workmen talking loudly ,vans and lorries have churned up the lane so it is almost impassable ,it is a short  cut  to school too.
Well after about two hours of quiet activity I settled down , but I can only assume his wufe exaggerated what my son said ,but I heard from my step where I was waiting -the house is only three   doors  from mine.
So I know what was said .

Ah well belligerent neighbour has shown himself up .
But I thought of Roobarb , I will now have to take my own advice won’t I!

Curtains now have a nice level hem and matching stripes.

The threatened heatwave this afternoon did not come ,just a bit sultry.
Think tomorrow is supposed to be hot.
Hope everyone is OK, I am now but was shaken ,it was so belligerent and violent ,no need to be so  really, an explanation was given two minutes there
and gone .
My daughter in law told my son he should have said he was my key contact
etc.,which he is really , but never mind .
Cheerio everyone ,I don’t seem to be getting all your posts, always a delay of notification too.
Cheerio, off for a cuppa and kitchen tidy ,no other way round !
I will enjoy my cuppa better then.
Morse then bed.
Viktoria.

Presumably, being the model citizens which they purport to be, they have got the necessary approvals form the Council for their extension.  Just a thought! ::)
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 07 August 20 11:38 BST (UK) »
In my opinion to many are allowed  to have a dropped kerb

Louisa Maud

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 07 August 20 14:10 BST (UK) »
Well one neighbour who is affected much more than I am will be looking at plans no doubt as he is really on the ball .
Yo can see them on the Local Government  site ,as I did when at my
previous house ,I was advised by the Council I could do that, there was no trouble ,all was done correctly just I was  not happy about the height of a wall from 7’
to 10’ ,but do you know my buyers liked it better.
I feel it would be nosiness on my part and thus spite ,so will leave it to their immediate neighbour.
I had trouble for a short while with party guests flicking cigarette butts over my wall, I had a dog and many dogs will eat them, two or three is enough to make a small dog seriously ill

So I swept them up after one long party, posted them through theit letter box in an envelope with the name address etc of my Vet, saying I would not lose my no claims bonus by claiming on my insurance so if they would like to contact my Vet and say how many butts there were ,my dog weighed x kilos
and they would give him an idea how much he would have to pay for treatment,assuming the dog did not die in which case a replacement would be whatever a replacement costs.
So tell your guests not to flick the butts  into my property .
But I was totally in the right .
I can be assertive at times like that.
Off for a bath before aches and pains set in, do hair  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)Thanks folks for “ listening”

Viktoria.

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 07 August 20 15:43 BST (UK) »
It is so hot a nice cool shower would be a good idea, my hair suffers in this heat despite  putting rollers in,  I wasn't  blessed with the slightest kink or curl, ah well, we can't have all we want can we?

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 07 August 20 20:42 BST (UK) »
Viktoria, I do admire your strength of mind and despite all the nastiness that has been aimed at you, you still manage to inject some humour. I think your topless sunbathing might shut your nasty neighbour up!  ;D  I hope you can keep your spirits up despite this dreadful man, it's awful having your activities curtailed even further than we all currently have to because of his attitude.

Louisa Maud, my hair is like yours, as my grandad used to say - 'Straight as a yard of pump watter!' It's the envy of a lot of my friends.  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 07 August 20 20:49 BST (UK) »
You made me laugh Roobarb,  my mum used to say   " you can't   curl  broom handles"

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London