Author Topic: Joshua Artis bapt. c.1690/1700 & Elizabeth Wells same period  (Read 413 times)

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Joshua Artis bapt. c.1690/1700 & Elizabeth Wells same period
« on: Friday 07 August 20 02:53 BST (UK) »
Joshua Artis married firstly Sarah Sydor/Sida 1720 in Pulham St.Mary, Norfolk - (she was bur. 1733 same parish) and  Joshua then remarried Elizabeth Wells same place & year.

I have  searched on F/S & FreeReg without success and note that many trees on Anc..y say he was bapt. 1690 in Pulham.

I have looked at the original registers for Pulham St.Mary but not found anything.

Can anyone find me Joshua's bapt. about 1690-1700 please?

I am also interested in finding where Elizabeth Wells was bapt.. The nearest is for an Eliza Wills in 1697 Pulham St.Mary.

Any help most appreciated.

Alan

Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joshua Artis bapt. c.1690/1700 & Elizabeth Wells same period
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 August 20 10:43 BST (UK) »
The Norfolk Records Office has the papers of the Artis Family Estate.

This probably refers to the Great Yarmouth Family they were incredibly wealthy, but you never know what it may contain and they may not have always lived there.

James Artis who died 1724 was Mayor of Great Yarmouth in 1710 and his memorial in the aisle of the church says he was Mayor, Bailiff and Captain of the Militia. He died 28 January age 68 making his dob circa 1656. (his will is on ancestry)

Norfolk Records Office also have the will of William Artis of Pulham dated 1673 (ANF 1673 Fo. 305 no. 40

This is a bit early for Joshua but perhaps by reading wills you can work forward, the name is prevalent in Norwich as well.

The first male born to Joshua and Sarah was named John so it is most likely his father was named John.