Author Topic: Diary > Friday 7th August  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: DIARY FRIDAY 7TH
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 08 August 20 08:19 BST (UK) »
As always Mowsehowse good to read about your part of the world. It seems you didn't have the oppressive heat as some of did... perhaps living beside the sea helps.
We have seen very few house martins this year which is a shame as they are always delightful to watch swirling around above our heads in the evening.

Looks like another hot day today...stay cool everyone!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 08 August 20 09:18 BST (UK) »
It is interesting to read everyone else's diary, I have a full day normally but some of you pack so much into a day

Yesterday was a day when I should think we all felt lethargic, it was so humid, much to my surprise I even got the ironing board out but had to do it in steady stages as it was so hot.

Well Roobarb, just think you did all that preparation for yourself, you must have felt better all day, made up to look good

We really shouldn't avoid neighbours, I know I avoid mine, I won't go into the garden most times of I know they are their polluting the airwaves with their idle chatter and bad language, anyway where my computer is it is a cooler part of the house so I would rather be away from the heat and loud neighbours,  but we really shouldn't.

Stupid me, my husband reminded me my MOT is out of date as of midnight tonight so he has just gone searching for a garage that will test it today, I really should put it on the calendar but I don't, my own fault, oh joy, my husband has just returned  he has got it booked in for 11.15 today, phew

Anyway folks, have a nice day, keep cool,

LM

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 08 August 20 09:22 BST (UK) »
Lucky you LM. :-X
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 08 August 20 09:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone for their good wishes, it was just my asthma having a bad night. I had a good sleep last night and am looking forward to meeting up with some of the children from my church in the local park this morning. I run our Sunday Club and though we only have 5 families they are a great set of children. I’ve been writing to them over the last months and have had some wonderful letters and cards back.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 08 August 20 09:38 BST (UK) »
Enjoy Gibel, I know you have been looking forward to meeting your group

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Friday 7th August
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 08 August 20 14:36 BST (UK) »
Woke up after a dream (hadn't had one lately) - I retired nearly 13 years ago but I was at work in the dream having just found a file that had been missing for ages and trying to find various payments had been made - it involved another branch of our company and I was constantly on the phone with them.  Got up and went to the bathroom, back to bed as very early, and promptly was back in the dream again.   When I finally got up it was hot - bright blue sky, not a cloud to be seen, but far to hot to sit in.  I would guess it was around 27 degrees by mid-day when I sat in shade awaiting my grocery delivery.   Once all stowed away, did some Rootschat and then decided to sit in the shade again - there was a nice breeze.   However, our car park backs onto some houses and there was a mother and son in their garden.  Have seen them before and child is around 6 I would say - however, he has a fairly deep voice for a youngster and sounds like a foghorn!   Mum talks normally until telling him off and she then sounds just like him so I know where he gets it from!  Stood it for half an hour with no abatement so eventually came inside again.

My flat was like an oven though - did a little on my family tree project but by now temperature was 32 degrees.   Around 6.30 - decided to sit outside again just outside my door with my tablet and a peach schnapps to hand.   Then realised the neighbours from no.5 were sitting at the rear of the car park trying to get the last remnants of the sun (rather them than me).   Eventually they came and sat near me and we sat outside chatting (socially distanced) for around 3 hours.  It was really pleasant sitting there at that time.   Didn't get to have anything to eat until around 10pm as just wasn't hungry but felt I should have something.

Watched another George Gently and then a little family research whilst sitting beside fan in my study.   When I went to bed I read for a while with fan on in there but turned it off when I settled down to sleep.  No bed coverings for me last night, and no more dreams either.

Very humid today, more cloud than sun, but don't think I'll venture out until the evening when it should get a little cooler.

Glad to hear from you again, mowsehouse - one always gets concerned when a 'regular' suddenly becomes silent.

Take care, everyone - drink plenty, keep out of the sun and stay safe.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 08 August 20 15:35 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the concern Annette, and glad you had a sociable time yesterday.
I shall  only be making short/intermittent posts on this thread for a while.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 08 August 20 15:55 BST (UK) »
Will miss your news MH

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 08 August 20 16:28 BST (UK) »
Should anything exciting happen l promise to pass it on, but at present l feel like one of the genteel ladies of Cranford. :P