Author Topic: DNA Query  (Read 355 times)

Offline candrjm

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My Nanny and Grandad married in 1921
    • View Profile
DNA Query
« on: Sunday 09 August 20 11:48 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have already had a DNA test done with Ancestry and have an account with them and now my husband is thinking of having his DNA test done. Does anyone know if he needs his own ancestry membership or can I add his test results to my account?

Chris

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DNA Query
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 09 August 20 13:08 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have already had a DNA test done with Ancestry and have an account with them and now my husband is thinking of having his DNA test done. Does anyone know if he needs his own ancestry membership or can I add his test results to my account?

Chris
Yes he will need his own account initially, he needs to agree to the terms when you register the kit. However after this, he (or you with his permission) can go into his account and make your username the manager of the kit so you can send messages to matches, add groups, notes etc., do anything except download the DNA.

Offline candrjm

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My Nanny and Grandad married in 1921
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 09 August 20 14:04 BST (UK) »
Many thanks!

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 09 August 20 14:14 BST (UK) »
Many thanks!
I should add that you will be able to see his kit, DNA matches and ethnicity report from your own account - you will have a dropdown box that will allow you to select whichever kit you want to view. You will also be able to look at people's profiles and see if they are DNA matches to whichever kits you manage or have access to as contributor or viewer.