Author Topic: Diary - Monday, 10 August 2020  (Read 492 times)

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Monday, 10 August 2020
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 11 August 20 13:08 BST (UK) »
Annette - snap! I too was born at 3.30am... think I'm more of a morning person... certainly in the summer..
Not sure about my energy levels... never been known to sit still for very long although give me a good book and you won't hear a peep out of me!
Good to hear you're still hard at the FH printing in this heat too! I'm sure your neighbour with the problem son feltbthe benefit of chatting to you all.

Mowsehowse - sorry you got wet at least on the way home and not as you went out.... we could do with a drop of rain here... rubble of thunder last evening but that was it... think we may be getting some later today... I love rhubarb too, lightly cooked with ginger and star anise then put on cereal / porridge for breakfast... not always easy to find and often too green to use...

Hope today is a good day for all
Caroline

I must be the exception that proves the rule.  I was born at 01:58 and I am definitely not a morning person although maybe that is so early it counts as really late.  I say I'm not a morning person although I have to get up at 5am for work.

Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Monday, 10 August 2020
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 12 August 20 07:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone, it certainly does feel good to have the library open again and also knowing that the local studies reopening is imminent.  Yes, I agree Mowsehowse that this is the new normal and I think we will all be able to adjust to it very easily.  Actually, I think they are doing very well with all the safety measures that are in place.   I would recommend using that website 'Fantastic Fiction' when you go to the library Mowsehowse.   This was so handy for me yesterday in finding out about plots without having to pick books up.  Sorry, to read that you got drenched but hopefully, if you found what you were looking for it might have been worth getting soaked .  Like your H, I love rhubarb. 
Roobarb I agree there is nothing like there is nothing like losing ourselves in a good book!  That is great that you had a much better day went to the seaside.  Good that you were able to spend time with your friend and dog and that you and J have plans to meet up too.  That sounds like very shoddy customer service from that ebay seller!
Caroline, I have read that non-fiction book  you mention a good while back and I agree it is a very good read.  Like Annette, I too wonder where you get so much energy to pack so much into your days.
Barry I hope it won't be long before this library can reopen again  safely.  I am guessing the one in Salt Lake must be huge.
Annette, that is good that you were able to chat and have a laugh outside with others - I agree that it is this type of thing which can really lift our spirits.
PharmaT and Annette, I think this sounds like it could be an interesting thread question to ask if there is any relationship between what time you were born and what type of person you are.  I was born early afternoon.  I would always have said I am more of a morning person though but on consideration sometimes I do feel like I have picked up wind in my sails by the afternoon.

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner