Author Topic: George Oram abt 1813  (Read 1038 times)

Offline annie1515

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Oram abt 1813
« Reply #9 on: Friday 14 August 20 19:15 BST (UK) »
I found marriages for two of the daughters-

Amelia to Spencer Crouch in 1841, Keymer (seems to have gone to America, cannot find a death for her.)
Naomi to Edward Bates in 1842, Keymer
both list their father as Stephen Oram

I should note that the first 3 children of my George Oram and his wife Eliza were born in Keymer in the 1840s which suggests this could be the right George

George Oram married Eliza Hill in 1840 in Woodmancote (both of them are of the parish.)
Father Stephen, a labourer. Witnesses Michael Harmes and Elizabeth Benfield (of no relation to my knowledge to either George or Eliza.)  from freereg.org

Barbara seems to have married Samuel Brady also in 1840 but in Australia- however I cannot see any details with my membership on findmypast.

I have found an Orpha Crouch living with Amelia and Spencer Crouch- she seems to have married a Thomas Mudge in America in 1861, but I can't see an image or father's name.

Offline annie1515

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Oram abt 1813
« Reply #10 on: Monday 18 January 21 18:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello annie

I have looked on Sussex Family History Group.Online Baptizums & Burial,members only.

I cant find a Baptizum for George in either Parishes

From the Sussex Marriage Index.

Bolney,West Sussex

14 June 1813
Stephen Oram & Barbara Coomber. BOTP (B)

Witnesses George Oram & Jn Taylor.

No Baptizum here

omega

Hi again!

I was wondering if you knew whether the records you searched included Non-Conformist records and all of the neighbouring parishes or if they have not been digitised/transcribed yet?

I have been doing work into the Oram family and found some other Orams who were baptised Non-Conformist and am wondering if George and his siblings were also!