Author Topic: Lookup: Marriage Jasper Brim/Brin to Elizabeth Clarke, East Hatley, 17may1779  (Read 401 times)

Offline TadlowNewell

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Does anyone have access to images/transcripts of the marriage register for East Hatley and can tell me the detail of what is recorded there for this marriage. I'm particularly, interested in ages, parents names etc.

I have been pursuing Jasper on and off for some time now and have become ever more doubtful of the information recorded about him on numerous near-identical Ancestry 'Public Trees' which is where the "17 May 1779, East Hatley" info. comes from. Hence this request for confirmation of his marriage from the original source.

I do know that Jasper and Elizabeth went on the have nine children, all christened in Tadlow, between 1780 and 1798 as I can find images of the entries in the Tadlow Bishop's Transcripts.

Thanks as always.

TadlowNewell

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup: Marriage Jasper Brim/Brin to Elizabeth Clarke, East Hatley, 17may1779
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 August 20 12:28 BST (UK) »
It is on FreeREG transcibed from Parish Record;
Both Single and OTP at time of Marriage.
Witnesses, Joseph PARKER/Thomas ABBOTT
Bride and groom signed "X

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline TadlowNewell

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup: Marriage Jasper Brim/Brin to Elizabeth Clarke, East Hatley, 17may1779
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 August 20 13:04 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much Trish. I never remember to look here.
Since posting my request I have found a Bishop's Transcript entry at
https://www.familysearch.org/records/images/image-details?page=1&place=2972192&rmsId=TH-1951-45234-15-47&coverageItemIndex=1&imageIndex=0 but that only contains the names and date.