Author Topic: Parents of Francis (Charles?) Stuart/Stewart (1681-?)  (Read 576 times)

Offline gcstuart

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Parents of Francis (Charles?) Stuart/Stewart (1681-?)
« on: Tuesday 11 August 20 23:50 BST (UK) »
Currently looking to find the parents of my 8G grandfather Francis (Charles?) Stuart/Stewart. He was born 1681 in Belfast, Ulster. He had a wife named Ann Robertson (1682-?) and had a son with her, Charles A. Stuart (1705-1799). I am not sure when he died.

That is essentially all I know about him. Also, a side note: On some records his name is listed as Charles, however I have made the decision to refer to him as Francis due to the fact there is more proof from the documents I looked at that it's correct.

Offline Chace Simmonds-Frith

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parents of Francis (Charles?) Stuart/Stewart (1681-?)
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 June 23 01:14 BST (UK) »
Charles A Stuart, son of Charles & Ann (Robertson) Stuart was born in/about 1705 in London and died in 1799 on Deer Island, Charlotte County, New Brunswick, Canada... He had at least one brother, William, that I know about... I have the lineage from Charles A Stuart to present.  However, I am looking for his father's ancestry.... I also have much on the Steward/Stewart/Stuart from their inception in Scotland as King David I, dophifer.....  I am interested to learn how you came to conclude that Charles Stuart b 1681 and Francis Stuart, b 1681 are the same indivual and husband of Ann Richardson... I would love to hear from you ....
Chace Simmonds-Frith

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: Parents of Francis (Charles?) Stuart/Stewart (1681-?)
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 June 23 17:17 BST (UK) »

Welcome to RootsChat, CSF  :)

Unfortunately, the original poster (gcstuart) hasn't been online here since August 2020. If they have the same e-mail address they registered with on RootsChat and still have notifications for replies turned on, then they should receive an e-mail to tell them of your post.

If you make at least one more post (just say Hi etc), you can use the RootsChat Personal Message (PM) system to try to contact the OP and exchange your e-mail address and other data.

When logged in, just click on My Messages (in the dark brown bar at the top) and then click ‘Send a Message’. Type in the name of the recipient, then click on the light blue link just below. Type a Subject heading, compose your message (including any data and/or e-mail address), preview if necessary and then click ‘Send Message’.

Good luck  ;D

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo