Author Topic: ELIZA MOORE (nee HUNT) bn 1872 Normanton - Derbyshire  (Read 472 times)

Offline Georgee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ELIZA MOORE (nee HUNT) bn 1872 Normanton - Derbyshire
« on: Friday 14 August 20 04:41 BST (UK) »
Eliza married John Moore in 1901 then later in their marriage they adopted - Marjorie bn 1922, giving her their name (Moore).  Marjorie's birth mother's surname was Teale. Marjorie married firstly, Thomas Shortman and then in 1951 married Douglas Townsend.  I am needing to find Marjorie's birth names, and adoption records, also full name of her birth mother and her birth father. I would appreciate the help you can give me in this matter.  Thanking you.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: ELIZA MOORE (nee HUNT) bn 1872 Normanton - Derbyshire
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 August 20 06:01 BST (UK) »
Sep 1922 Burton 6b 650
TEAL Marjorie mmn TEAL

Why have you got ‘ELIZA MOORE (nee HUNT) bn 1872 Normanton - Derbyshire’, if you are looking for information on Marjorie?

I don’t think adoption was formal until later than 1922. Those in the UK will be better able to clarify that.

If the above is her birth, then it is likely she was illegitimate, so father’s name unlikely to be found.

Her name may just be Marjorie. I was adopted and my christian names weren’t altered.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 August 20 06:14 BST (UK) »
If she was illegitimate, I do not see a 1922 Teale birth with no mother’s maiden name
On freebmd.   https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Is the 1922 date confirmed?

If you type Adoption in the search box at the top of the Rootschat page you will see many many threads.

Sorry Jamjar, just noticed your Teal/Teal entry.  :)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 August 20 06:23 BST (UK) »
Mckha, I was going by this, as it had mmn as TEAL. I wasn’t thinking it was a Teal married to a Teal.  ;)

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QV3C-V75N

You know this how? Marjorie's birth mother's surname was Teale

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 14 August 20 06:39 BST (UK) »
Given that the Moore’s are in Burton Upon Trent, in 1911, assuming I have the correct census, the Marjorie Teal birth seems likely to me:

1911: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XW7J-MZD

Added: Given their ages when they took Marjorie in, I wouldn’t count out her mother having a family connection.

Jamjar

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 14 August 20 06:40 BST (UK) »
Was just thinking the same. 

Offline Georgee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 14 August 20 09:58 BST (UK) »
Sep 1922 Burton 6b 650
TEAL Marjorie mmn TEAL

Why have you got ‘ELIZA MOORE (nee HUNT) bn 1872 Normanton - Derbyshire’, if you are looking for information on Marjorie?

I don’t think adoption was formal until later than 1922. Those in the UK will be better able to clarify that.
I used Eliza Hunt's name as I did not have any positive names for Marjorie.  I thought Marjorie may have been on some of the records with Eliza - sorry, but I did not know how else to request it.  Thankyou for your help.
If the above is her birth, then it is likely she was illegitimate, so father’s name unlikely to be found.

Her name may just be Marjorie. I was adopted and my christian names weren’t altered.

Jamjar

Offline Georgee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 14 August 20 10:04 BST (UK) »
I used Eliza Hunt's name as I did not have any positive names for Marjorie.  I thought Marjorie may have been on some of the records with Eliza - sorry, but I did not know how else to request it.  Thankyou for your help.  I shall check out all you have mentioned.  I appreciate your time.