Author Topic: Waringfield military hospital  (Read 566 times)

Offline philsearch

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Waringfield military hospital
« on: Sunday 16 August 20 08:16 BST (UK) »
Hi all, On my dads service records it states that when he came home from Burma via Bombay he went straight to Waringfield military hospital for 2 weeks in July 1946. Was this a routine occurrence or would he have been poorly. I assume he then came home to Newport Mon. Thank you, Phil.

My email address is not working - sorry

Offline philsearch

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Waringfield military hospital
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 16 August 20 08:35 BST (UK) »
Sorry, I just noticed that after disembarking in UK he was posted first to 19 PTC Ballykinlar and what looks like posted to holding pool

Offline Crumblie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 16 August 20 11:21 BST (UK) »
Unless a member of the forces was being medically discharged they were supposed to be fit and well before they could discharged after their service, this could explain why he went to the hospital. Or it could be that he returned to the UK with some injury or infection which needed hospital treatment, the soldiers in Burma had a very hard war due to the conditions, lack of food etc.

Offline philsearch

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 16 August 20 14:05 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the reply. He was TA and joined up in March 39 could it be as he was serving before war broke out that he had to so called”stay on a bit” at the end.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 18 August 20 09:32 BST (UK) »

Just an article about the closure of Waringfield Military Hospital in 1963, when it moved to Musgrave Park Hospital in Belfast.

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo