Author Topic: LEESON family tree  (Read 608 times)

Offline Stacey.tree31

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
LEESON family tree
« on: Sunday 16 August 20 21:26 BST (UK) »
Hi all,
I'm doing my paternal family tree but hit abit of a block.
I'm looking for any information for the following:
Stephen henry leeson born 1891 in mansfield, notts, married to emily coleman born 1893 possibly in eckington,derby.
Stephen's father was Henry leeson born in 1868 also in mansfield and married ann Pinder born 1864. Henry's siblings were:
Arthur. born 1879
Sarah
Ellen
Clara
Lucy
Henry's parents were also henry leeson born 1842 mansfield and married jane Quinton born 1844 in mansfield and died in 1901. They lived at 41a stockwell gate mansfield.
Henry's parents were william leeson born 1806 in mansfield and died 1870 in the workhouse, he married sarah atkinson.
His siblings were:
Mary ann. Born 1805
Elizabeth. Born 1809
John. Born 1800
Martha. Born 1808.

I'm also looking for any information regarding Mordecai Leeson born 1770 in southwell and died 1811. I have reason to believe he could possibly have been the landlord of the greyhound inn in mansfield? He married mary Clarke born 1778.

I'm looking for any additional information on any of these people/grave sites/pictures/building photographs

Thanks in advance.

Offline Dizzifish

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: LEESON family tree
« Reply #1 on: Monday 17 August 20 20:28 BST (UK) »
Hello  :)

Welcome to Rootschat!

This may help you get a bit further - here is a rough transcript of  the Will of William Wagg proved 1823 and helps explain how some of those mentions in it fit into your Tree.

Will of William WAGG - Dated 31st Dec 1822
Proved 4th Dec 1823
Died 3rd Jan 1823

Last Will & Testament of William WAGG of Mansfield, Yeoman. 31st Day of Dec 1822
I give & bequeath to my Great-Granddaughter - MARY ANN LEESON (all household goods and furniture).
Bequeath to my Daughter - ANN STOCKS - interest of the sum of Two hundred pounds part sum of three hundred & ninety pounds owing on Bond....
After decease of said Daughter do give & bequeath principal sum sum of two hundred pounds between and amongst the FIVE children of my said daughter by her present husband BENJAMIN STOCKS.
After payment of Debts, Funeral expenses etc - I direct shall be made by & out of the sum of One Hundred and Ninety Pounds ....... I do give and bequeath the remainder of said principal money unto between and amongst the children of my said daughter ANN by her former husband RICHARD CLARKE, Deceased.
And the rest and residue of my personal estate and effects I give & bequeath to my Great-Grand children - the five sons and daughters of  MORDECAI LEESON and Mary his wife.
Nominates - John Peatfield of Carburton, Executor.
~ ~

Burial - MANSFIELD St Peter and St Paul
9 Jan 1823 - WILLIAM WAGG, aged 84y - abode Stockwell Gate.

~ ~ ~~
Marriage -  13 Nov 1804 - Mordecai LEESON  & Mary CLARKE at  MANSFIELD St Peter and St Paul

Children of Mordecai LEESON and Mary - all baptised MANSFIELD St Peter and St Paul
6 March 1805 - MARY ANN
25 Aug 1806 - WILLIAM
23 Feb 1808 - MARTHA
10 Nov 1809 - ELIZABETH
21 July 1811 - JOHN

Burial at MANSFIELD St Peter and St Paul
10 Sept 1811 - Mordecai LEESON, aged 40y - abode, Mansfield.

The Gentleman's Magazine - 1811
At Mansfield, Notts, in his 40th year, Mr. Mordecai Leeson, landlord of the Greyhound-inn.

This could be connected but no mention of which public house.
C/QD/LV/8/3/7 - year 1813 - Alehouse keeper's recognizance (bond) for transferring licence from Mary Leeson of Mansfield to William Bingham.

Marriage
11 Nov 1782 Richard  CLARKE & Ann WAGG -  MANSFIELD St Peter and St Paul

Children of Richard & Ann CLARKE - Baptised at MANSFIELD WOODHOUSE St Edmund King and Martyr

21 April 1785 -    Son,  William Clarke abode Hemsley Lodge      
14 Oct 1787 - Son,  George Clarke - fathers occupation - Warrener-  abode Helmsley Lodge   
9 July 1789 07 09- Son,    John Clarke - fathers occupation - Warrener-  abode Helmsley Lodge      

Burial of Richard at Mansfield Woodhouse
22 May 1790 - Richard CLARKE  - abode Helmesley - Mansfield Woodhouse- Notes Helmesley Lodge, MANSFIELD WOODHOUSE St Edmund King and Martyr

remarriage =
18 July 1791 - Benjamin STOCKS & Ann CLARKE -  MANSFIELD St Peter and St Paul

Children of Benjamin & Ann STOCKS =

20 July 1792 - ELEANOR baptised at MANSFIELD WOODHOUSE St Edmund King and Martyr - Father:  occ Warrener, abode Helmsley Lodge
19 Dec 1794 - ANN baptised at MANSFIELD WOODHOUSE St Edmund King and Martyr Martyr - Father: occ Warrener, abode Helmsley Lodge.
13 Sep 1796 - BENJAMIN baptised at MANSFIELD WOODHOUSE St Edmund King and Martyr - Martyr - Father: occ Warrener, abode Helmsley Lodge.
8 Jan 1798- ELIZABETH - baptised at Bilsthorpe St Margaret - abode Rufford - notes Helmsley Lodge.
12 Aug 1801 - MARTHA - baptised at Mansfield St Peter & St Paul - abode Elmsley Lodge.

Marriage at Mansfield 18 July 1791
Benjamin Stocks, Liberty of Newstead, & Ann Clarke, Liberty of Rufford, widow - by Lic.

Offline Stacey.tree31

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: LEESON family tree
« Reply #2 on: Monday 17 August 20 22:18 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for your help.
That information is really helpful.
I did have information that mordecai was the landlord at the greyhound inn but that's as far as I got with him.
Thank you again  :)