Author Topic: Bland of Yorkshire  (Read 512 times)

Offline Spelk

• RootsChat Senior
  • Pit Yacker
    • View Profile
Re: Bland of Yorkshire
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 18 August 20 18:39 BST (UK) »
The fact that in 1891 it says Peter John PEARSON is a Widow may be right or could be a lie. I could find no death for Mary Ann so she may have left him to go off with a younger man.

I note that John William DIXON was born q2 1889 in Thirsk and again no mother’s maiden name so another bastard. No idea whether his mother is connected to the family.

Not sure what you meant by ”William BLAND b25-71871 at Thirsk” . Best to give months as letters like July to avoid confusion about whether the day or month comes first,
GRO index has birth q3 1871 William BLAND mmn blank Thirsk 9d 376. 
Looks like he died same year q4. Buried 7 Dec 1871 at Thirsk as an Infant. Baptised 27 Jul 1871 mother Mary Ann. Unusual for one woman to have so many bastards; though one of my G2 gmams had three before she married the man - who was at least the father of the last one who was my G Gmam. Mary Ann may have been under some pressure to get married and stop having all these illegitimate children who may have become a drain on the local parish. I wonder how many of them were born in the Workhouse.

BTW Eliza PEARSON mmn BLAND was born in q2 1877 mmn BLAND Northallerton 9d 667. Not 1881 like you wrote. She was baptised 6 June 1877 to John and Mary Ann PEARSON at Northallerton, Labourer.
Confusingly there was also a baptism of a Jane Elizabeth on 20th July 1877 to John & Mary Ann PEARSON at Northallerton, Labourer.
GRO index has birth q2 1877 Jane Elizabeth PEARSON mmn BLAND Northallerton 9d 667.
I can only think that somehow there are duplicate records and both relate to the same person. Not easy your family.

I hope you have some computer program to organise all these people. Pencil and paper trees would be hard to keep up.

Maybe another of your relatives -
Arthur William BLAND baptised 12 Nov 1871 at Thirsk no father mother Elizabeth Ann.

PS you wrote "wonder when Mary Ann made an honest woman of herself "
I told you when they were married I think.

Offline Beechbaby

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bland of Yorkshire
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 18 August 20 19:38 BST (UK) »
 😮😮😮😮😮😮
My head is in turmoil 😂😂 luckily I've managed to print all your info off now to get the pink/blue/green highlighter out😂😂
Yes you did say when Mary Ann got married...just me .
I'm now wondering if your last William info is the same as my William without first name there both same year !!!

Your dead right about my family and you only know a 1/4 of it 😁😁😁.   My grandmothef Annie Heaton neeNattrass)left her 2 Illegitimate children  with there grandparents and when her husband Claude  Heaton died in his 30/40 yrs ish I have the exact year somewhere she went off and married  another man had his 5 children(some may still be living) until she died.
My birth mother also did the same left her first 2 daughters with there father left with another daughter in tow
whilst expecting another man's baby went on to have me illegitimate and left us all on our home doorstep and never saw us again yet married my sister's possible father 5 years after she left us to be adopted !!!!!!
Thankfully myself and my sister (Were all half sisters) have brought our families up and treasured every moment
I do like a happy ending
😃😃😃😃😃😃

Thank you so much for your extreme hard (and in places humerous) work your very much appreciated.😁
Nattrass  -     Heaton  -    Segwick  -  Hammersley  -  Hall -  Prestwich.  Heartwell