Author Topic: James Plenderleith Stevenson step children Robert & Margaret Idaho Oregon Canada  (Read 2412 times)

Offline Deb Sterr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: James Plenderleith Stevenson step children Robert & Margaret Idaho Oregon Canada
« Reply #54 on: Monday 24 August 20 00:47 BST (UK) »
I'm hooked again. Roberts parents were Robert Snr and Janet Marchbank Hosie who just happens to have come from my own little town.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: James Plenderleith Stevenson step children Robert & Margaret Idaho Oregon Canada
« Reply #55 on: Monday 24 August 20 01:11 BST (UK) »
PM sent with information coming forward on the Hogg family.  Information found by searches made by Kloumann with the help of Scotlands People.
So a big thank you,, well done and great stuff Kloumann.   :) :)

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Deb Sterr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Monday 24 August 20 01:15 BST (UK) »
This is brilliant! Thank you again both of you. I actually know the Emonds so will get in touch with them tomorrow. What are the chances?  :)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Monday 24 August 20 01:17 BST (UK) »
That is amazing.  Would be pleased to hear updates when you have them via pm would be fine when we are talking living people.

Good Luck - Can't wait.
Regards
Sandra  :)
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Kloumann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Monday 24 August 20 08:51 BST (UK) »
I reciprocate what Sandra says!

Offline Deb Sterr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday 26 August 20 22:19 BST (UK) »
So that's the living line contacted and yes he has done his family tree so was able to confirm those were indeed his great grandparents. He is getting in touch directly with the lady as would love the card. I never dreamt for one second it would end up being right on my doorstep!

Many thanks once again for your help. It was some ride! :-)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Thursday 27 August 20 18:23 BST (UK) »
Excellent result. So pleased we explored the roots back in Scotland. Thank you for the update.

Regards
Sandra