Author Topic: Looking Australian birth or baptism record Vic /NSW - any ideas where next .?  (Read 2330 times)

Offline susiee

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Im looking  for a birth or Baptism in NSW or Victoria  for Henrietta  Maria Scales  parents Ellen Hennesy and John Scales at Snowy Creek Vic/ I have their  first 3   children's  Baptisms  in NSW   1852/4/6/        then  they move  to Victoria,    and the next is Ellen Mary- Vic Reg 1860 . We have everything from   marriage  on   but not sure if she was  born in Vic or NSW  and cant find anything  in either place .  Some talk she was a twin   but she still  would be accounted for.   Not sure where to look  next .  Any ideas ?

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Looking Australian birth or baptism record Vic /NSW - any ideas where next .?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 August 20 06:44 BST (UK) »
On the Vic bdm for Ellen,  is your Henrietta accounted for in Ellen's older siblings?  :)

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Online wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking Australian birth or baptism record Vic /NSW - any ideas where next .?
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 18 August 20 06:55 BST (UK) »
When and where did Henrietta  Maria SCALES marry?

Birth records for her children born NSW or Victoria would have mothers' birthplace?

BDM VIC birth
22438/1860 SCALES  Mary Ellen  parents  Ellan HENNESSY / John   @ SNOW

23708/1862  SCALES  John         parents Ellen ENESSEE  / John  @ SNOW

24714/1867  SCALES  Nathen Alfred  parents Ellen HENNESSY / John  @  SNOWY CK

Offline shume

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 18 August 20 07:21 BST (UK) »
I'm thinking that given the  dates and places (Snowy Ck/Mitta Mitta) that possibly John Scales came to Vic from NSW for Gold and perhaps Henrietta's birth was not registered at all.
She took out a lease in Hinnomunjie (Omeo district) in 1891 as below:

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/256321829?searchTerm=%22henrietta%20scales%22

There is a marriage in 1906 to Peter Larsen in Victoria, and her death in 1934 at Tallangatta. So if you have her death certificate does that give her age and place of birth?

shume   australia
HUME: Fermanagh, Donegal,Sligo,Australia
PASFIELD: Essex, London
SHAW/STANLEY: Co Waterford,Ireland, Australia

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 18 August 20 08:33 BST (UK) »
An 1937 obit mentions that she was 78Y (b abt 1858/9), but the death idx mentions 77Y (abt 1859/60).
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/102692194

Online wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 18 August 20 09:11 BST (UK) »

What documents do you have for BDM events in the lives of the people you have named here?

BDM VIC death
11952/1939 SAFE  Diana Jane  parents Ellen HENNESSY / SCALES John
born Mitta Mitta Victoria   died  Caulfield            age 73

Offline susiee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 18 August 20 10:56 BST (UK) »
Can some one remind me  of where the   reply icon is- the reply at the top only opens another    box I dont use  this often and totally forgotten how to use it 

Offline susiee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 18 August 20 11:05 BST (UK) »
John Scales  has the children listed on the death cert i have attached  .

Henrietta only ever had one child 1889 - and she was never listed on   her  death cert  nor did the Father list the child name on his own death cert .  - 

All of John and Ellen's children are accounted except

John - listed   as first child  -   so probably born  NSW - they arrived 1852 no record
William Scales  1854  Baptism Sydney  - prob died as infant no further entries anywhere -ever
Diana Francis -   no record but listed last on Father death cert -  cant find her anywhere -

But the  one we want to find is Henriettas - the others  are very likely  to have al died as infants  as no further record - But Henrietta  we know  lived and Married  quite late on her 40 from memory nand no children .No one has listed her anywhere -  except  on  the fathers   death cert   _BUT  there is some  talk  that maybe   she was born outside that marriage  to Ellen  ?    but no birth can be foud the others that lived are all accounted for .  Not sure how to individually reply so will post this

Offline susiee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 18 August 20 11:10 BST (UK) »
Ellens death cert

Thank you everyone for your replies -- i somehow have forgotten where the  individual  reply   button is .