Author Topic: Looking Australian birth or baptism record Vic /NSW - any ideas where next .?  (Read 2331 times)

Offline susiee

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking Australian birth or baptism record Vic /NSW - any ideas where next .?
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 20 August 20 07:52 BST (UK) »
I have literally just  typed the whole cert and it crashed . grrrrrr i might use the phone .

Offline susiee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Looking Australian birth or baptism record Vic /NSW - any ideas where next .?
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 20 August 20 08:03 BST (UK) »
Denomination -Congregational
Parish or District -Collingwood
June 12 1916
Ernest Fredieric Harris
Mary Helen Andrews
Bachelor
Spinster
South Australia
Victoria
Mining Engineer
Home Duties
35 yr
24 yr
Present address
Caledonian Hotel Broken Hill
Usual Address
Father
Frederick Edward Harris
Sarah Locke
ClergyMan Jesse Mayo
Witnesses
Annie Mayo
Lucy Mayo
Signed Jesse Mayo

The person who sent me some certs  has sent them on their phone which  has split them into pieces  and made a real mess of them .

MARY GLASS....................................................We had thought Henrietta Scales

Offline susiee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 20 August 20 08:04 BST (UK) »
Mary Glass was typed immediately under Sarah Locke ( Mothers)  dont know how that got moved !!!

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 20 August 20 08:06 BST (UK) »

Thank you for the image of the marriage certificate. When and how have you come by this document?

"...no witnesses only Clergyman and  his wife and daughter"

I read this to mean that the marriage certificate has the name of the clergyman....and the wife and the daughter of the clergyman?

I see Minister Jesse MAYO.......what names do you see for his wife and his daughter?

I think you have a partial / incomplete image. It should name witnesses.

This is the 1950 death notice of  Annie Agnes wife of Rev Jesse MAYO

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/22817105

The daughters were Annie, Lucy, Ethel, Doris, and Gwendolyn.

Sons Albert Frederick, Frank and Reginald.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 20 August 20 23:16 BST (UK) »
Denomination -Congregational
Parish or District -Collingwood
June 12 1916
Ernest Fredieric Harris
Mary Helen Andrews
Bachelor
Spinster
South Australia
Victoria
Mining Engineer
Home Duties
35 yr
24 yr
Present address
Usual Address
Father
Frederick Edward Harris
Sarah Locke
ClergyMan Jesse Mayo
Witnesses
Annie Mayo
Lucy Mayo
Signed Jesse Mayo

The person who sent me some certs  has sent them on their phone which  has split them into pieces  and made a real mess of them .

MARY GLASS....................................................We had thought Henrietta Scales

So we should be looking for a birth registration for a daughter of Mary GLASS.  1916 - 24 = 1892 so 1889, 1890, 1891, 1882, 1893, 1894...    The marriage info provided in the quote above  is not indicating if GLASS was the  then (1916) surname or a former married surname, or a nee surname,  but it is a start point.  The  bride was entitled to use any name she chose to be known by i.e,  no need to formally change by deed poll or any other announcement. She was not compelled to choose only a surname, and only between the reputed father's surname and the surname used by her mum in 1890ish.

I cannot see how the 1916 m.c. supports any connection to the bride being the lass whose birth was registered by John Isaac SCALES in 1890 and discussed in that other thread...

JM. 
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 21 August 20 00:28 BST (UK) »
Re the image of the 1916 marriage...

If this were my ancestor, I would save up and find $20 and purchase my own copy of that image direct from the Vic BDM. 

https://www.bdm.vic.gov.au/research-and-family-history/search-your-family-history
Discounted certificates
Due to the popularity of our discounted certificates, we are continuing this offer. Downloadable, uncertified historical certificates are now $20 each: save $4.50 per certificate.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 21 August 20 00:36 BST (UK) »
Re The Caledonian Hotel, Broken Hill.

NSW ER 1913 STURT, polling Argent Street.
Hugh Lawrence FARRELL, Mica St, Hotel keeper.

Sands 1917 Directory Broken Hill
H FARRELL, Caledonian Hotel

JM

Offline susiee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 21 August 20 05:34 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone .
Ill actually get that person to email it to me so it does  not fragment .

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 21 August 20 06:16 BST (UK) »

The marriage certificate, 1916, is barely legible. I suspect that it has been copied endlessly....copied to death until it is this document that you are giving a forum to work with.

Also, and regarding the birth certificate, 1889 -
"...This  cert was given to me in 2 pieces and would you believe the seam is right on it.  "

You need  good, clear documents to use in your research.

What causes you to believe that Mary Helen HARRIS died in Malaya in 1931? -

"...When this women died (Mary Helen HARRIS nee ANDREWS) in  *1889 - 1931 in Malaya ,   no obits appeared in Vic from either of her supposed parents.

..Also her own death cert   is a complete mystery  and impossible to get  from Malaysia"

"...when she  was interviewed  in Australia  as a well known  Soprano her age  fluctuated greatly.."
Where do you see her being interviewed?. Can you identify a newspaper, and the date, when she was interviewed? What name did she use professionally?

"..i  have a ton of  articles about her.."
It would be useful to see the articles written about her. Can you identify them please......publications and dates please.

What is the latest evidence you have that Mary Helen HARRIS was alive?