Author Topic: Haselden? Hasleden? Hasselden? Who was Edward married to?  (Read 1006 times)

Offline omega 1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Haselden? Hasleden? Hasselden? Who was Edward married to?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 19 August 20 10:51 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jon

I put in Ann Dan
Pembrokeshire
James,Gibby,David/Davies,Evan/s,Edward,Thomas,Griffith,Brown,Richards,Phillipps
Carmarthenshire
Thomas,Wilkin,James
Glamorganshire
James
Husbands side
Sussex,Mitchell,White,Hew/Hugh,Peter/s,Lower,Goring,Skinner,Cavey,Padgham,Brann,Graves,Hards,Easton,Moon,Gibb/s,Shepherd
Kent,Curties,Harris/Cleverly
Buckinhamshire
Shephard,Tuck,Philips

Scotland,Riddle

Todd,could be Old Windsor or somewhere I Lincolnshire,John Todd didn't seem to know

Offline Lynda M. Drake

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 20 August 20 08:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the replies, everyone! You've given me a lot of directions to go with this--some of the names found I do not have and three Hannahs? I need to explore that one some more. I'll be most likely replying individually as I discover more.  ;D

Offline Lynda M. Drake

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 20 August 20 08:39 BST (UK) »
Hello. I'm new here. Doing a search on the internet, I came across this post: https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=506106.0

The post references a Henry Isted (1733) and Hannah Haselden (1728) both of East Grinstead. Henry and Hannah are my 6th great-grandparents. Hannah's father's name is Edward, her mother Anne something. I think, but not sure, that Edward made gloves for a living and I believe he took on apprentices. It's Anne's last name and/or parents names I'm looking for. I found a marriage record here: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-6LJZ-J1Q but it is so faint I can't read it. Can anyone help with this? Thank you, thank you!
Hello Lynda

Welcome to Rootschat  :)

From The Sussex Marriage Index cd

Lewes Marriage Licence
7 June 1684

Edward Hazelden ,Gent, East Grinstead

Ann Rootes, SP ,Fletching

omega

The name Glover has no source, unfortunately. So, I don't trust that Glover is the correct last name. No clue where the name come from but I think someone got the name mixed up with Edward's occupation and everyone else just followed suit.

Edit: Sorry. Meant to reply to Chempat but can't figure out how the forum works, apparently.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 20 August 20 09:09 BST (UK) »
Its OK for all of us to see the answers, so we know what is going on.

Offline Lynda M. Drake

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 24 August 20 12:12 BST (UK) »
You guys, thank you so much for the help! You've given me a lot of ammunition. I heard back from someone at the West Sussex office and they looked at the original record and determined that it was Anne Dane, so I think I'll go with that, (although now I have possible children to look into as well). The lady at the West Sussex office told me that there is more than one Anne Dane so... I take one step and hit another brick wall. Well, no one ever said this stuff didn't frustrate the daylights out of you, I guess.