Author Topic: Edwards - Gwyddelwern Marriage 1827  (Read 6422 times)

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edwards - Gwyddelwern Marriage 1827
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 20 August 20 16:53 BST (UK) »
The General Register Office (GRO) made mother's maiden name, 1837 on, available  a couple of years ago. As you say, it only used to be available c.1912 onwards. You can register free with the GRO to see this info.
FindMyPast now shows "mmn" for 1837 onwards. Not sure how complete this is but if you check civil births on FindMyPast you can confirm my findings.

I identified Corwen as the registration district using Genuki Registration District finder.

Offline Pamela21

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 20 August 20 17:03 BST (UK) »
The General Register Office (GRO) made mother's maiden name, 1837 on, available  a couple of years ago. As you say, it only used to be available c.1912 onwards. You can register free with the GRO to see this info.
FindMyPast now shows "mmn" for 1837 onwards. Not sure how complete this is but if you check civil births on FindMyPast you can confirm my findings.

I identified Corwen as the registration district using Genuki Registration District finder.
Well I never knew that! I have just checked and it is Mar 1839 Corwen 27.399 that has the mother as Hughes. I shall order the certificate! Although it might take 2 weeks to arrive. That is absolutely brilliant, it makes searching so much easier. Once I have the birth certificate it will hopefully solve what was an impossible dilemma, whether to accept the 1927 Edwards/Hughes marriage or not. These are direct ancestors so it's important! Thank you so much xxx

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 20 August 20 17:49 BST (UK) »
Croeso/you're welcome.

Fingers crossed with the birth cert .

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 20 August 20 18:52 BST (UK) »
Are you familiar with North Wales BMDs?  http://northwalesbmd.org.uk

They list sub district within registration district. There's an Edward Edwards registration 1839, Gwyddelwern - but it doesn't identify quarter or mother's maiden name.

Offline Pamela21

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 20 August 20 19:03 BST (UK) »
Are you familiar with North Wales BMDs?  http://northwalesbmd.org.uk

They list sub district within registration district. There's an Edward Edwards registration 1839, Gwyddelwern - but it doesn't identify quarter or mother's maiden name.
Thanks to everyone who posted. I'm going with the Mar 1839 Corwen birth certificate with mother Hughes as hoping this will match my marriage entry.