Author Topic: Burek Family Poland  (Read 597 times)

Offline Monty128

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Burek Family Poland
« on: Thursday 20 August 20 15:14 BST (UK) »
I am looking for Polish Birth and marriage records for Jozef Burek and his wife Zofia Nawrot (born in 1898 in Plechow near Gorzkow)
We believe that Josef Burek was a tobacco farmer in Lozy just outside of Wisniowce in the Ukraine
They were taken by the Russians to Siberia in 1939
Josef and his eldest son Walter ?? were forced to join the Russian army so that the rest of the family could leave the labor camp.
Zofia, daughters Helena and Sabina as well as sons Ludwik and Pawel Jan walked accross Siberia to Iran from where the British sent them to a refugee camp in Northern Rhodesia. They were never able to return to Poland
LudwiK and Sabina were born in Lozy and Pawl Jan in Siberia.
The problem is that the polish records are so difficult to search we cannot find any trace of them apart from the refugee records which just give a name
This search has gone on since the 1950's
Has anybody got any ideas on how to track down any information on these ancestors   

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Burek Family Poland
« Reply #1 on: Friday 21 August 20 08:36 BST (UK) »
there is an 11 mile area - Poland / Ukraine that has switched ownership several times - are you positive he was born in Poland ??   is there any chance it was owned by Ukraine at the time of his birth ?
my father in law was Ostap Kabluckyj b 1927 - from Rohatyn (Ukranie ) Rogatyn ( Poland )...I had a lot of problems finding info ......
as a last resort - ( wait to see if other members can help ) go to www.ukraine.com - register for free - go to GENEALOGY on the left hand forums
post your problem and state you have been told a member named HANNIAH might be able to help .
Hanniah was amazing help to me .
Gorzków [ˈɡɔʂkuf] (Ukrainian: Горжків, Horzhkiv) is a village in Krasnystaw County, Lublin Voivodeship, in eastern Poland  as you can see - Ukranian at one time
Good Luck - I must warn you it will be hard research because of the polish/ukrainian ownership of this area finding records - luckily Hanniah has a friend in Lviv University who helps  :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 21 August 20 09:13 BST (UK) »
Quite an important family Burek - just been looking at the Burek Coat of Arms - there is even a Burek Silver ring crest to wear on your finger ..
Burek means Auburn in English

oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Monty128

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 August 20 09:32 BST (UK) »
Dear Garstonite,

Thanks for the reply and tip. Unfortunately Registration on the Ukraine.com site has been disabled by the administrator but I will try and expand my search in the Ukraine

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline Monty128

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 21 August 20 11:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks again I have signed up