Author Topic: St Francis of Assisi Hammer Lane Grayshot 1953  (Read 1028 times)

Offline mevmck

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
St Francis of Assisi Hammer Lane Grayshot 1953
« on: Saturday 22 August 20 12:57 BST (UK) »
Hi
This is my first ever post and I would be obliged if anyone can direct me in the right direction to find out any information of the Home that was for Catholic unmarried mothers around 1953. My mother gave birth to my twin sisters in November 1953 and married their father (also my Dad) in January 1954. We as a family are currently going though old paperwork and my twin sisters were baptised in March 1954 by a Chaplin R. Schomberg at the home? We are just looking to see if we can find any photos or old documents as to how the home was run and would there be any records kept as to how the girls were admitted. My mother was a great woman; a real hard worker and had a smile on her face everyday. Thank you

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile

Offline stevecoe1955

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: St Francis of Assisi Hammer Lane Grayshot 1953
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 October 21 20:11 BST (UK) »
I have a birth certificate of a child born in 1956, St Francis of Assisi Hammer Lane Grayshot. The father of the child has been left blank. The child was eventually adopted and grew up in Ireland. I am eager to discover the father's name for two reasons. One, he is probably a cousin of mine, according to DNA and the child would like to know the name of her biological father.

I there anyway in which we could discover who he is. He fought hard to resist the adoption process.....

Here's hoping for a reply......many thanks, Steve
Ridley, Codling, Scott, from Kirkwhelpington