Author Topic: SYDNEY WILLIAM McCAULEY  (Read 212 times)

Online wildcats13

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
SYDNEY WILLIAM McCAULEY
« on: Saturday 22 August 20 13:07 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Hoping you can assist me with my current problem.
I live in Brisbane but from Canberra originally. I am putting together a Family History Book for the Gibbs from the Burra area near Queanbeyan. My mother was a Gibbs and her father was John Michael Gibbs (1873-1948).
My query relates to a Sydney William McCauley who was born in Qbn. in 1915 and died on 27 May 2006 in GULGONG, NSW. His father was Sydney Richard McCauley, mother Janet Marion Gibbs.
I have tried every available online index in NSW and ACT, and been unable to find when he married a Marjorie Jane Unknown and where married. I am looking for those facts together whether Marjorie died or remarried. I also checked Qld & Vic in case it was an interstate marriage.

In the Australian Electoral Rolls in 1937 & 1943, they lived in Thuralilly Street, Qbn. He was a Slaughterman. From 1949 to 1958, he was a labourer and they lived in 21 North Street, Orange, however in 1963, he was living at the same address alone.
His headstone in Gulgong indicated he had a family and could have been in the area for some time . Could not access  any later Electoral Rolls with him in them.
That is all I could find. Hoping you can assist. 
Regards,                                                                                                                                                                               
Wildcats13                                                                                                                                                                 

Offline cath151

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Sinnock/Sinnicks...Brighton,Greenwich.
Clements,Coles,Mc Donagh,Rock

Census InformationCrown Copyright from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: SYDNEY WILLIAM McCAULEY
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 August 20 13:54 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Looking at 2 trees in Ancestry Marjorie's maiden name was Smith.
Maggsie

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 24 August 20 08:06 BST (UK) »
I wonder whether wildcats 13 is seeing the helpful information offered here by the team?

It might be good to know if the details provided here have been of interest.

I think I gathered some notes about the family, but hard to know whether it's worth keeping them.  ???

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online wildcats13

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 24 August 20 08:54 BST (UK) »
Hi.
Yes I have seen the reply's and very thankful for the good responses, I had sent a reply back the other day, but realised it was a Private Message, after receiving details about "Ask a Librarian" which I will follow through. The information provided by everyone was very helpful, and I now only need to see if I can find their marriage details and whether they divorced, as I found Sydney either married again or had a relationship with a myrtle Iris Mortlock.
Thanks again for everyone's effort.
Wildcats13