Author Topic: Burial lookup - Preston - Bowles  (Read 932 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Burial lookup - Preston - Bowles
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 02 September 20 14:27 BST (UK) »
I have looked up the burial entry 2308 unfortunately no section is given but Jonathon is in grave number 9983 and was buried on 26 March 1931. 
Death was at 37 Guy? or Grey? Street.  He was a Fisherman.

Hopefully from grave number 9983 you will be able to know if he is with a wife.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline shazzi_b

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 03 September 20 15:22 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for looking this up for me. He lived in Grey street, and was a fisherman, so it’s definitely him.

I’m definitely one step nearer to finding him!

Thanks again RTL x

Northumberland - Addison, Bowles, Kirkup, Lowes, Mason, Patterson, Richley, Venus, Wardle, Williams
Durham - Pears, Robertson, Richley, richelieu, Summerell
Norfolk and Essex - Bowles, Ninham, Wiseman
Glos - Summerell, Williams

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline shazzi_b

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 03 September 20 16:11 BST (UK) »
The archives came back to me to say Jonathan is buried in the same plot as his first wife Clara.

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to find the grave, although it is documented on a BillionGraves - using the gps it’s in a very overgrown part of the cemetery. Hopefully the weeds will be cut back at some point and I might be able to see if he is named on the stone, as the picture on Billiongraves only shows his first wifes name.

Thank you to everyone for your help with this.
Northumberland - Addison, Bowles, Kirkup, Lowes, Mason, Patterson, Richley, Venus, Wardle, Williams

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 13 September 20 16:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Shazzi,

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/215518143/clara-jane-bowles

Just to let you know I have found the grave stone of Clara Bowles, where you have found out that Jonathon lies there too. (See link)

If you do manage to get along there yourself it will be easy for you to find in section C General.  Just keep walking straight up from the entrance.  Once you have reached the end of the hedge which runs on your left along sectionn C, stop and look over behind and you should see a black cross memorial.  Clara's grave stone is very close to this.  Hopefully, a photo I have added to Find A Grave should help with finding the position.

This is the inscription:

'IN LOVING MEMORY OF
CLARA JANE
BELOVED WIFE OF
JOHN THOMAS BOWLES
WHO DIED 4TH JUNE 1925
AGED 61 YEARS'
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline shazzi_b

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 13 September 20 16:27 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for doing this for me, it is very appreciated! I did get there last week and added more graves to findagrave, but didn’t manage to see it. Hopefully I will be able to get there soon.

Again, thank you for all your help.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 13 September 20 16:30 BST (UK) »
You are very welcome Shazzi.  I am very glad to have been able to find this for you.  :)