Author Topic: Obit Robert Pickering, died Dec 11, 1925 Annaghmore  (Read 341 times)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Obit Robert Pickering, died Dec 11, 1925 Annaghmore
« on: Tuesday 25 August 20 21:15 BST (UK) »
I have followed Robert Pickering and Martha Black until their deaths. Robert Pickering was born abt 1833 to William Pickering/Pickram.  Martha died Sept 8, 1902 and Robert died Dec 11, 1925 in Annaghmore, after a remarriage to Nancy McQuade formerly Hurl.
I have been looking for an obit but haven't found one as yet for either one but wanting Robert's in particular. Wondering if he had a son William born abt 1854 who died in Camden, New Jersey but obit might not mention him anyway as William died in 1916 before his father. Other than William, I do not have children between 1854 and 1864 and might find out more children in an obit.
Thanks for any help.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline Liam59

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Obit Robert Pickering, died Dec 11, 1925 Annaghmore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 30 August 20 00:10 BST (UK) »
Hello Peggy,

I think there's a will for him (see attached) and there's a James Pickering referenced in it so might be one of the children?

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 30 August 20 00:29 BST (UK) »
That is indeed the right person. However, with the delays due to Covid, it will probably be a few months before I can get a copy of the will. So I was hoping an obituary might clarify or verify if Robert had a son William who died 1916 in Camden, New Jersey. I know William predeceased Robert but perhaps William's children might be mentioned. Also, wondering if he had a daughter Elizabeth who went to New Jersey and married George Cunningham.Thank you very much for your help.
Peggy

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 06 October 20 22:59 BST (UK) »
Hello, I  did obtain the will of Robert Pickering but unfortunately, it only mentioned his youngest son James Pickering and his  grandson Brown Lennox. However, due to much hard work on my part and others, I do  know that Robert did have a daughter Elizabeth baptised at COI Magherafelt and Elizabeth went on  to marry George Cunningham in New Jersey. 3 of Elizabeth's siblings emigrated to USA and I tracked all those who emigrated from their baptisms at COI in Magherafelt to their deaths in USA except for William's baptism, who would have been baptised about 1854. William married Sarah Jane Berryman in 1875 in New Jersey and he named his  parents as Robert and Martha aka Matty. If anyone happens to have William's baptism date, I would be grateful.
thank you
Peggy

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 06 October 20 23:14 BST (UK) »
Robert Pickering aka Pickram did have a daughter Margaret Jane who married Frank O'Neill Nov 3, 1890. They had 3 children Elizabeth, James and Maggie before Margaret Jane died in 1914 in Annaghmore. I have no  idea what became of Frank and the children after Margaret Jane's death but thinking perhaps they emigrated or something as I can't find any marriages or deaths for any of them after the 1911 census or after 1914 in the case of Elizabeth who was present at her mother's death.
Frank was born abt 1862 and had father Frank.
Thanks for any help
Peggy