Author Topic: Llandwrog, Bryntrallwyn, Jones  (Read 4212 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Llandwrog, Bryntrallwyn, Jones
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 27 August 20 20:37 BST (UK) »
Ignore my last thoughts - I see that as it was Q 3 and she was 93, and she was born in December 1846, she would still be 93.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline wallbanger

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 27 August 20 20:44 BST (UK) »
Yes, thanks, Gadget, I did know about the entry of triplets that has been written in the 1885 baptism records for those three siblings. I’ve been to the Old Gaol, Ruthin, many times going through records, as well as looking online. Obviously, they weren’t triplets, but where they lived was so remote, apparently it was common for some people to do ‘job lots’ when baptising their children, or so I was told by a local historian.

I also know about the two properties called Tyddyn Ucha. I may have mentioned in my first post that it would be either Llangernyw or Gwytherin, although someone whose family has been connected to the Gwytherin one, doubts that it was that one, as she knows her family history as well as the house history. Her nephew runs it now. The one at Llangernyw would be the most likely, as it’s also very close to both Pandy Tudur, Llanfair Talhaiarn and Gwytherin.

I’ve been looking at census entries for Jane and her siblings in and around Llandwrog this past week, but as she may well be in service, I can’t be sure, although there are a couple of contenders. Once I have David Jones marriage certificate to Jane Hughes, I can confirm the parents and perhaps find some connection then.

I can’t find either David or wife Catherine Jones after 1871 census, or a death or burial record that I can be sure of.
I’ve not found any wills to date.

Thanks very much, Gadget, for all the time you’ve spent looking at this. I do appreciate it.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 27 August 20 20:49 BST (UK) »
This was the other baptism that I found:

Capel Garmon in the parish of Llanrwst  (28 Feb 1848 (born same day)

Jane, illegitemate daughter of Jane Jones, maid servant,  and David Roberts, labourer. Abode: Nebo

From Genuki :

The parish of Capel Garmon was originally a Chapel of Ease to Llanrwst

https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/DEN/CapelGarmon

Map location:

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01pus/
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline wallbanger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 27 August 20 20:50 BST (UK) »
This sounds likes a good case for DNA to find hidden connections

I’ve got as much chance of Gareth doing the DNA test as I have of getting him to the doctors, brigidmac  :D

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 27 August 20 20:59 BST (UK) »
DNA is only useful if you have a good match(es) with a well researched tree(s). I found my grandfather's father via DNA but I had to do a lot of 'traditional' research to get there. I re-did the trees of the close matches before I was sure.

:)

Offline wallbanger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 27 August 20 21:00 BST (UK) »
This was the other baptism that I found:

Capel Garmon in the parish of Llanrwst  (28 Feb 1848 (born same day)

Jane, illegitemate daughter of Jane Jones, maid servant,  and David Roberts, labourer. Abode: Nebo

From Genuki :

The parish of Capel Garmon was originally a Chapel of Ease to Llanrwst

https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/DEN/CapelGarmon

Map location:

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01pus/

I have seen that baptism, too. It is in my list of possibilities, although I wasn’t able to connect it. Both Nebo and Capel Garmon are not far from where I live, so I know the area. I live just outside of Llanrwst.

I’ve also sent a search for the same birthdate but different year to the GRO just in case. This last birth certificate took two months so it will be a while yet. It’s just so I can eliminate the possibility of the year being wrong. That should arrive with the marriage certificate. I will also send for Jane Hughes death certificate from 1851, and possibly David’s marriage to Catherine, which was possibly later on in 1851 or 1852.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 27 August 20 21:01 BST (UK) »
I'll eave you to it then. You seem to have covered the available records.

I think I'm wasting my time.

Offline wallbanger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 27 August 20 21:26 BST (UK) »
Thank you, Gadget. I do appreciate you looking at it, I’m sorry if you feel like you’re wasting your time. A fresh pair of eyes where mine have glazed over. I’ve had a long time to look at records from the Denbighshire possibilities, so I’m going to know what you’ve discovered this afternoon and evening, but Llandwrog is where I come unstuck. I don’t know the area, and can’t seem to find parish records apart from a few, and there doesn’t seem to be any chapel records that I’ve found. Again, I need to figure why she would travel all the way over here. If I can’t find a link, then simply guessing isn’t good enough. You never know, maybe her mother will turn out to have been born over here, or she had other family members. My queries were really what I’d put in my first post, such to why she would come over here, rather than say Caernarfon or Bangor, and why she would put Llangernyw as her birthplace, if this birth certificate is the right one, and I have to assume that it is without an alternative.

The local Register Offices have been very good and helped eliminate the civil birth records I’d come up with as possibilities over the last few years. I’ve started to lose track…

I’m sorry if you feel I’ve wasted your time, Gadget, but thank you, anyway.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 27 August 20 21:34 BST (UK) »
Your first few postings were very rambling which was why I asked various questions.

but Llandwrog is where I come unstuck. I don’t know the area, and can’t seem to find parish records apart from a few,

I've just checked on FindMyPast and it shows 11629 parish records for Llandwrog.

Genuki has this:

https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/CAE/Llandwrog