Author Topic: Ordering NLS Maps  (Read 307 times)

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ordering NLS Maps
« on: Thursday 27 August 20 03:25 BST (UK) »
Has anyone ordered a Digital version of any of the NLS maps?

Could you then blow up one section at sufficient resolution  to print for the ringbinder of 'Stuff" that we collect?
Side tracked to a friendís very interesting Norfolk families. MORGAN, PRATT, HORNOR, SUCKLING, GLEANE etc. And in London DOWNES, du CROZ, MORGAN (same MORGANs as the Norwich lot)

Offline Guy Etchells

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ordering NLS Maps
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 27 August 20 05:47 BST (UK) »
Has anyone ordered a Digital version of any of the NLS maps?

Could you then blow up one section at sufficient resolution  to print for the ringbinder of 'Stuff" that we collect?

WHY?

If you mean the old six inch to the mile, etc., maps on the National Library of Scotland site you can simply view the relevant map online, right click on the viewed image and save it to your computer.
In other words you can get the same map free of charge.

Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 27 August 20 06:41 BST (UK) »
Because when I try and print the full map, (after saving as you say)   which it does on multiple sheets you can stick together,  The printing and outlines are blurry.

I can do  a small section as you describe fine,  but I canít manage to make them all identical ratios so that they can be joined up ďseamlessly ď.
Side tracked to a friendís very interesting Norfolk families. MORGAN, PRATT, HORNOR, SUCKLING, GLEANE etc. And in London DOWNES, du CROZ, MORGAN (same MORGANs as the Norwich lot)

Offline GrahamH

• RootsChat Veteran
  • www.gjh.me.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 27 August 20 07:07 BST (UK) »
There is some information on the resolution of digital and printed copies on the NLS web site at https://maps.nls.uk/enquiries#images

Other than that, NLS can no doubt advise if asked.

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 27 August 20 07:58 BST (UK) »
Thank you Graham.