Author Topic: Relatives from Rathfarnham with Forde in their maiden names  (Read 747 times)

Offline mallow

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Relatives from Rathfarnham with Forde in their maiden names
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 29 August 20 15:09 BST (UK) »
Thank you Haywood the one on 1911 census is the Margaret Sweeney I am tracking she is my grandmothers sister I cannot get into site for marriage but if it is Margaret Forde to John Sweeney that is correct one I am trying to trace relatives of Margaret or what happened to her after her marriage my grandmother has long passed so no help there

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 29 August 20 15:37 BST (UK) »
This is the site. https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jsp

It is very useful with births to 1919 and marriages and deaths much later.
You only need to enter the name, the prove you are not a robot  :) by ticking the box and then enter your name in the next box, tick the box and submit. I use a shortened version of my name but you are not entering email addresses or anything like that.
You will see that there are also some Church records.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 29 August 20 15:43 BST (UK) »
I mentioned a birth of Thomas Pearse Sweeney, 1917,  earlier - here is his marriage as Thomas Pierce Sweeney in 1943.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1943/08779/5173475.pdf

That could be useful to you but you would then need to be careful as any children could still be living and Rootschat has a ‘ no living persons’ policy.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mallow

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 29 August 20 16:29 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much Haywood I will try tracking his family  to see if he is related his address is on marriage cert . I know not to put up anything about living people,  it is descendants of Thomas who may be able to help  :)