Author Topic: Richard Mosley bapt. 13 Mar 1719, Heath  (Read 629 times)

Offline martin mosley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Richard Mosley bapt. 13 Mar 1719, Heath
« on: Friday 28 August 20 16:03 BST (UK) »
I have come across Richard Mosley in the FHL (film 1785837; Item 11)

However, I can't see him in the Heath PR's, and I cannot find a marriage or a burial record either.

Has anyone here come across him? or have access to the records which might help track him down?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Martin
Mosley; Pugh; Thorpe; Webster; Hill; Ibberson; Nicholson; Moody; Maxfield; Newbold; Lee; Adams; Walker; Tesh; Barnes; Brittlebank; Cowlishaw; Smethurst; Alsibrook

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Mosley bapt. 13 Mar 1719, Heath
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 August 20 16:12 BST (UK) »
Martin -- his baptism is definitely shown in the filmed Derbyshire Baptisms, Marriages and Burials on the Ancestry website. Strangely though it is written in a different hand from the rest of that page - and in really small handwriting.

Parents John and Maria Mosley.

(Is that what you meant - that you couldn't find the baptism in Parish Registers?)
Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 28 August 20 16:16 BST (UK) »
There is also a Richard Mosley marrying a Hannah Daws on 28th March 1749 at St Peters, Derby -- but no clue as to whether this is your Richard.

In the same set of filmed parish registers on the Ancestry website.
Places of interest;

Offline martin mosley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 28 August 20 16:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Pennines,

Yes, I can see that extract, but if I look at the Heath registers via the Ancestry Card index, then I can't see the same record (I wonder if the first one is a second copy given that Heath was combined with other locations at the time?)

That one entry is the only mention I can see of Richard. No burial or marriage I can be confident of. The Derby marriage in 1749 is a possibilty, but there are other Richard's more local to Derby at the time too
Mosley; Pugh; Thorpe; Webster; Hill; Ibberson; Nicholson; Moody; Maxfield; Newbold; Lee; Adams; Walker; Tesh; Barnes; Brittlebank; Cowlishaw; Smethurst; Alsibrook

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 28 August 20 16:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Martin,

I'm not sure if I am understanding you correctly -- but in the Card Catalogue you would need to insert Derbyshire Baptisms - and from the results select the correct year range.

You can then input Richard Mosley in the search box - and look at the image. He is on the right hand page - immediately before the signatures of the church wardens/vicars etc. I think he must be the last entry of that year (which would have ended in March at that time).

I see someone has him in their family tree! Spelt at the death they found as Mousley (but don't trust others findings - check them out).
Places of interest;

Offline DRH123

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 28 August 20 22:11 BST (UK) »
The Ancestry records for Heath are rather confused. If you go to the page for Derbyshire Baptisms, Marriages and Burials 1538-1812 and select Heath from the options for browsing the images you are presented with two sets, covering 1682-1812 and 1712-1760. Only the first should be there, the other is actually a Chesterfield register. The first has the image you want (image 44), the second of course doesn't.

They have also indexed an old transcript of that register which is correctly assigned to Chesterfield, so if you search for an event that happened at Chesterfield in that period (1712-1760) you'll get two hits, one claiming Heath and one Chesterfield (provided they've transcribed the name correctly in both cases).

Richard's mother is Merina, not Maria.

David

Offline DRH123

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 28 August 20 23:10 BST (UK) »
The Ancestry trees are, as so often, almost certainly wrong. I think you'll find Richard married Grace Parsons in 1744 and then settled at Stainsby. His brother John Mosley of Heath (not the one from Cubley) made Richard Mosley of Staines an executor. That was probably Richard's son Richard born in 1751. It looks like Richard senior died in 1762 and Grace in 1777.

David

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 29 August 20 09:13 BST (UK) »
FreeREG has the Richard MOSELEY/Grace PARSONS Marriage 9 Mar 1747, Alfreton
Both of Pleasley at time of Marriage.

Also Marriage;
Marina RICHARDSON
John MOSLEY
16 Dec 1711, All Saints, Heath   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline DRH123

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 29 August 20 10:07 BST (UK) »
I need new glasses. Yes, the marriage was in 1747, or strictly speaking 9 Mar 1746/47. The licence has them both aged 28, which fits tolerably with a 1719/20 baptism. She was from Pleasley Hill in Nottinghamshire, but that's only just over the county border.

David