Author Topic: Doyle and Doyle in Dublin  (Read 984 times)

Offline Nettie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • You can choose your friends but not your relations
    • View Profile
Re: Doyle and Doyle in Dublin
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 02 September 20 13:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Wexflyer and Heywood.

The marriage for Anastasia and John is from 1879 at St Paul's as well, so looks like it's the same family. Thank you for finding it, I do appreciate it. May I ask how you found the baptism though? I have put Mary Doyle 1883-1883 into the search feature of Irishgenealogy  - church records and don't come up with match at all.

I haven't gone to the churches yet, for this particular family, which I will now do. I was happy to find the civil records online (makes it so much cheaper than it once was) but will need to go back to the church.

Thanks again and stay safe.

Researching: Cronin / Nolan - Gortadrislig, Kerry
Finn/Clifford - Callinafercy and Scort, Kerry
Spillane - Milltown
Also:- Byrne / Tyrrell - Dublin

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 02 September 20 16:23 BST (UK) »
The marriage for Anastasia and John is from 1879 at St Paul's as well, so looks like it's the same family. Thank you for finding it, I do appreciate it. May I ask how you found the baptism though? I have put Mary Doyle 1883-1883 into the search feature of Irishgenealogy  - church records and don't come up with match at all.

Well, it seems that it is simply a question of what source you use, and what is available on each.
You can see the list of Dublin Catholic parishes IrishGenealoy.ie have available online at
https://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/parishes/Dublin%20(RC).pdf
Does not include St. Paul's Arran Quay at all as far as I can see, so not too surprising you did not find them on that site.
The NLI copies of baptisms for that parish end on 11/1/1882, so you won't find that 1883 baptism there either, or on any source that uses the NLI microfilms, such as Ancestry, Findmypast, or Familysearch.

But RootsIreland has Arran Quay records to 1900. Took 30 seconds....
https://rootsireland.ie/dublinnorth/online-sources.php
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Nettie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • You can choose your friends but not your relations
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 03 September 20 10:37 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Wexflyer, Much appreciated.
Researching: Cronin / Nolan - Gortadrislig, Kerry
Finn/Clifford - Callinafercy and Scort, Kerry
Spillane - Milltown
Also:- Byrne / Tyrrell - Dublin