Author Topic: Death of Annie Keen, formerly Brown, nee Johnston, 1932  (Read 5257 times)

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death of Annie Keen, formerly Brown, nee Johnston, 1932
« Reply #135 on: Saturday 12 December 20 08:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peggy
Wow! What great news. I am thrilled for you.
It is so good to have it confirmed, and your suspicions that there was a split between George and Annie have also proved to be correct. Lots to think about, and there is some sadness about it as well, also thinking of George's untimely death.

Seen your look up request, great response, a big thanks to the wonderful Comberton from me as well.

There's only one big mystery left, what happened to Robert Bernard Keen! I think that one can wait!
John

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: Saturday 12 December 20 18:36 GMT (UK) »
yes, I owe so much to all the kind people who helped me. I had so little information to work with at the start. I am told that Robert Bernard Keen died about 1935 but that may be a guesstimate.
Thanks again, everyone.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: Thursday 17 December 20 18:13 GMT (UK) »
This morning, I received the Administration of Estate for Alan Brown, grandson to Annie. Alan died July 15,1957 in Crumpsall Hospital, Manchester. His estate was administered in 1958 and the only person mentioned was his widow Pamela Jane nee Marsden who remarried to Miles Powell Hinchliffe in 1961. Pamela Jane died Aug 29, 2015 in Scotland but I don't know what took her there, as Miles died 2014 in Poulton-le-Fylde, Lancashire.
I looked for John Edward's will in 1959 on gov.uk but didn't find one that year or in several years following. His widow Frances nee Lee/Leigh formerly Thornhill lived until Aug 17, 1996. I don't know if they had children and thought the will might reveal that.
So I am still waiting for the marriage record of Annie Brown to George Marsden in 1917 which is to be mailed Dec 18 but might take a couple weeks after that to get to me in Canada.
Peggy

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: Friday 15 January 21 10:29 GMT (UK) »
To all my wonderful helpers, I thought that I should share that today I received the marriage record of George Marsden to Annie Brown. It is the correct couple!!! They married on Sept 15,1917 at the Register Office in the District of Salford. George is a widower (correct), Annie is a widow (correct). George is a journeyman joiner and Annie's father Andrew Johnson (correct) is a joiner (correct). Joiner and carpenter are the same. Annie is a laundress (correct). George's father is John (correct) who is deceased in 1917. I have John's death as 1893. Annie's father Andrew is also deceased (he died in 1912). Witnesses are Emily Burgess who is George's sister Emily nee Marsden. Other witness is A. G. Payn who I don't know. Wondering if it might be one of Annie's elusive and unconfirmed sister's husbands.
So  there you have it. Thanks Jon.
Peggy