Author Topic: Subtle changes in Hospital Admissions  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
Subtle changes in Hospital Admissions
« on: Wednesday 02 September 20 02:02 BST (UK) »
Anyone else noticed

that the admissions are becoming less..

and the actual hands on Docs -- regarding examinations -- how can you virtually check what the pain is..

i dont want to fill a page with what I saw at the Hospital yesterday.. 

but the corridors are dark and the wards are empty... triage is as was full.. but most being sent home with pills.. and a letter of referal to who knows what or when..

Pre - Pandemic ----- Pain --- Triage --- checked -- tested --- sent to ward for further checks and tests.. and then either sorted... fixed or home with pills  Now.. seem to skip the middle bit.

xin

oops Subtle not suttle    technology beat me on that one :(

Offline panda40

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Suttle changes in Hospital Admissions
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 September 20 06:29 BST (UK) »
My brother in law has been admitted to hospital twice during the pandemic. He has serious underlying health issues. Both times he stayed in for a couple of days and received treatment and then sent home. The hospital still states you are better off at home as the risk is less than staying in.
Regards
 Panda
Chapman. Kent/Liverpool 1900+
Linnett.Kent/liverpool 1900+
Button. Kent
Sawyer. Kent
Swain. Kent
Austin/en. Kent
Ellen. Kent
Harman. Kent/ norfolk

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 September 20 16:24 BST (UK) »
I've seen many articles complaining about problems trying to get hold of "real" doctors, or medical appointments, recently, rather than virtual ones. None too subtle, either, in my view.
Best is my dentist: They won't do anything useful - fillings, crowns, etc., at present, but they've posted me a real letter telling my I'm late for my 6 monthly check-up (Which I never have - as I have to pay them a fortune, I treat them like any other tradesman, and tell them what I want doing, and when!)
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 September 20 18:43 BST (UK) »
Triage has always had a generous number of those who don't need to be seen in hospital .

From what I've seen Ambulance arrivals are unchanged , also the slips, trips, and mishaps in orthapaedics are still seeing a steady stream of patients. I think the patients are being routed to the relevant department before they even  set foot in A&E.

And the only empty wards I saw were buffer zones for covid.  The general wards were still as busy, even if discharges for a broken leg were from what was previously the cardiac unit.

Pauline

All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline Greensleeves

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Subtle changes in Hospital Admissions
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 02 September 20 23:07 BST (UK) »
My daughter was supposed to have had major surgery on 26 March, but this was cancelled the previous day.  Since then she has spent 5 months unable to eat properly, has shed 20kg in weight, & received surgery ten days ago.  She was one of  the first to undergo surgery post lockdown and received good care.  Awful for me and those with their dear ones there, since no entry into the hospital for other than patients. Can't describe the pain of watching your dearest ones going through that door and knowing you can't see them until they are discharged.  But thanks to the NHS I have my daughter back home again!
Suffolk: Pearl(e),  Garnham, Southgate, Blo(o)mfield,Grimwood/Grimwade,Josselyn/Gosling
Durham/Yorkshire: Sedgwick/Sidgwick, Shadforth
Ireland: Davis
Norway: Torreson/Torsen/Torrison
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 02 September 20 23:49 BST (UK) »
GS - really pleased to hear your daughters finally been able to have her op and that's she's now recovering ... it has been a dreadfully worrying time for you both during these past months... hopefully she will make a stready recovery under you care...
Can't imagine what it must have been like not to be able to see her in hospital when going through such a traumatic time...
Best wishes to you both...

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 03 September 20 14:38 BST (UK) »
So glad, Greensleeves, that she's home and recovering - with the best possible recovery plan, Mum's loving care. Best wishes to both of you.
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 03 September 20 16:21 BST (UK) »
oh bless you all Greensleeves

Do hope all goes well for you now xxx

Xin

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 03 September 20 18:02 BST (UK) »
That is brilliant news Greensleeves. I am so pleased that your daughter has had her long overdue operation and is now back home with you.

How dreadful for you having to leave her at the door and not being able to visit. I cannot imagine how that would feel.

May I wish her a speedy recovery,

Dorrie
Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife