Author Topic: Diary > Wednesday 2nd September  (Read 608 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Wednesday 2nd September
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 03 September 20 08:28 BST (UK) »
Lovely to see you on here again Mowsehowse with your words of cheer for us all.  I hope you have good times too today. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 03 September 20 09:05 BST (UK) »
Lovely to see you on here again Mowsehowse with your words of cheer for us all.  I hope you have good times too today. :)

Thank you RTL.
Weekly grocery misery excursion today!! Very exciting.  :P
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 03 September 20 16:15 BST (UK) »
Caroline, great news that you got your library books sorted out. Things like that are een more important these days when many of us are at home so much more. Hope you can continue with your book club by whatever means.

Carol - Thanks  :) Hope your appointment has gone well.

Jeff, such a difficult time for you, I hope the flowers and messages are bringing you a little comfort.

RTL, what great news that you're able to visit the local studies library, it obviously brings you a lot of pleasure. Your visit to the Blacksmith's Cottage village will be something else for you to look forward to.

Mowsehowse, nice to see you  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 03 September 20 18:58 BST (UK) »
I am not getting notifications re new posts.
Have missed a good number.

Phoned my friend’s son today
Her op went reasonably well but she is unable to sit up or get out of bed.
The plan was for her to be moved to a home ,but she is completely confused and the family are on very limited visiting.
So they have refused and she will go home to her son’s care with good backup from her daughter.
On the basis she will see fewer people ,will perhaps recognise her family and if she ever becomes clearer in her mind she will know she is at home where she wanted to die.
So when this will happen exactly I don’t know.
But fairly soon.
It seemed odd she could go to somewhere with strangers so thr fsmily thought she would be better at home.

Son brought some fresh shopping today.
He has to go to Bolton Hospital.
Next Tuesday to have a gadget fitted in his oesophagus, to see how good the peristaltsic action is ,he has severe acid reflux ,tests for heart problems were inconclusive.
Back on Wednesday to have it taken out.

Quite a nice day , some showers and a stiff breeze but pretty sunny.
Made a batch of Cheese and Onion pies, individual ones,for the freezer.

How lovely that the friends of Jeff’s son have paid their respects ,as much as can be done at the moment.
Well washing up to do and some phone calls to make.
Look after yourselves everyone and a good day tomorrow.
Viktoria.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 03 September 20 19:00 BST (UK) »
I am not getting notifications re new posts.
Have missed a good number.

Phoned my friend’s son today
Her op went reasonably well but she is unable to sit up or get out of bed.
The plan was for her to be moved to a home ,but she is completely confused and the family are on very limited visiting.
So they have refused and she will go home to her son’s care with good backup from her daughter.
On the basis she will see fewer people ,will perhaps recognise her family and if she ever becomes clearer in her mind she will know she is at home where she wanted to die.
So when this will happen exactly I don’t know.
But fairly soon.
It seemed odd she could go to somewhere with strangers so thr fsmily thought she would be better at home.

Son brought some fresh shopping today.
He has to go to. Bolton
Hospital next Tuesday to have a gadget fitted in his oesophagus, to see how good the peristaltsic action is ,he has severe acid reflux ,tests for heart problems were inconclusive.
Back on Wednesday to have it taken out.

Quite a nice day , some showers and a stiff breeze but pretty sunny.
Made a batch of Cheese and Onion pies, individual ones,for the freezer.