Author Topic: Deciphering text on a Northern Irish marriage registration  (Read 804 times)

Online Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Deciphering text on a Northern Irish marriage registration
« Reply #18 on: Friday 04 September 20 14:18 BST (UK) »
I am pretty sure that it is/was the whole second register that went to GRONI (and not a copy) because the signatures are originals.
Elwyn

Offline darianb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 04 September 20 20:34 BST (UK) »
Not sure if this refers to your people

Calendar of Wills
Andrew Moore - late of Dagmar Street Belfast , Gentleman, a Widower died 29 May 1868
Letters of Administration granted to James Moore, Beersbridge Cottage, Ballymacarrett, CountyDown, Flax Merchant, one of the next of kin.

Thanks, that one is a possibility. I know that flax was popular at the time but James' witness was also in the business and his father in law in linen.

Offline darianb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 04 September 20 20:36 BST (UK) »
The words 'Lived Private' (ie. private means / income, there are lots of examples of 'living private' stated for occupation in the 1901 and 1911 Ireland censuses) would indicate that Andrew Moore was deceased.  I also wondered about the following local newspaper death notice in April 1874: 'MOORE - April 10, at Randalstown, Nancy, relict of the late Mr. Andrew Moore, aged 66 years.'. Relating to that notice (albeit death date is out by a day), there is the following gravestone inscription in Drummaul Church of Ireland graveyard: 'Erected by George Moore, in loving memory of his father, Andrew Moore, died, 5th February 1863, also his mother, Annie Moore, died, 11th April 1874'. Just a possibility.

Thanks for all of your help. I'm now putting together a tree one this family to see if I can find a connection to my Moores. I think I'll make a new post once I have that explaining my main aim - to find out what happened to James Moore.