Author Topic: Marie and Peter Byrne dolphins Barn  (Read 711 times)

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Marie and Peter Byrne dolphins Barn
« on: Thursday 03 September 20 21:57 BST (UK) »
The death of Marie recorded on Irish genealogies 1878 aged 45 her husband mentioned asInformant  husband Peter Byrnes of Dolphins barn she was Peters second wife marrying about 1867 and they had a child together
The following Year on   Irish genealogy There is a Peter Byrne Widower  age 70 not of Dolphins Barn How can I investigate  this gentleman further
Big age gap I know I don’t know when  Peter Byrne  was born Marrying Marie was born his first wife Eliza Kelly  died about 1866
I have in my tree a Peter Byrne born 1803 of Dolphins barn signed up in the Irish army at 1822 and was discharged in 1835 I always assumed he was my 4x Grandfather but now I’m wondering if Peter Byrne born 1803 was my third Times grandfather he marrying Eliza after he left the army That would make him older than her
I can’t seem to find a death of a Peter Byrne  coming from Dolphins barn, he and his family always seem to stay in this area
 I think this guy to old But I’d like to rule him out there again it could be my 4x grandfather
Would make him born 1808

Offline dublin1850

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A great lover of Dublin history
    • View Profile
Re: Marie and Peter Byrne dolphins Barn
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 05 September 20 18:01 BST (UK) »
Marrowbone lane and Dolphin's Barn are about 800 metres apart.
Coffey, Cummins [Rathfalla, Tipperary], Cummins [Skirke, Laois], Curran, Dillon [Clare], Fogarty [Garran, Laois/Tipp], Hughes, Keshan (Keeshan), Loughman [Harristown and Killadooley, Laois], Mallon [Armagh], Malone, Markham [Caherkine, Clare], McKeon(e) [Sligo/Kilkenny/Waterford], McNamara, Meagher, Prescott [Kilkenny/Waterford/Wexford?], Rafferty, Ryan, Sullivan, Tobin
GEDMatch: T665306 tested with Family Tree DNA and also with ancestry
GEDCOM file: 1980344

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 05 September 20 18:20 BST (UK) »
Dublin 1850 thank you, maybe Peter moved when Marie died, I wonder if this Peter is Marie’s husband
I have found Marie’s grave she’s buried under Mary Byrnes but The genealogist I spoke to says the date is correct
Peter isn’t buried with her.
Okay so  I best try and find his grave
Thanks for the reply

Offline dublin1850

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 07 September 20 18:42 BST (UK) »
Where is Marie buried?
The 1879 Peter is in Glasnevin and the informant is Mary Horan 32 Marrowbone lane.
Coffey, Cummins [Rathfalla, Tipperary], Cummins [Skirke, Laois], Curran, Dillon [Clare], Fogarty [Garran, Laois/Tipp], Hughes, Keshan (Keeshan), Loughman [Harristown and Killadooley, Laois], Mallon [Armagh], Malone, Markham [Caherkine, Clare], McKeon(e) [Sligo/Kilkenny/Waterford], McNamara, Meagher, Prescott [Kilkenny/Waterford/Wexford?], Rafferty, Ryan, Sullivan, Tobin

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 07 September 20 19:12 BST (UK) »
Dublin 1850
Iv just sat straight up to attention
Mary is his daughter
I’m excited I paid For the entry of Peter Byrne age 70 1879 data interment the 19th of October but I didn’t have Mary as the informant So I couldn’t categorically say he was mine
Eliza is buried in Glasnevin his first wife I have details in 1866 I think
Her grave was paid for but she’s on her own She was late 40s
And I just found Marie In The same cemetery under Mary Byrne she is in the shared grave and she is buried with other people who are not related to her so all three of them are in separate graves
I’m so happy that I can say hand on heart this is My Peter But it does make my theory of him being a lot older than ELIZA and Maria because Maria was only in her 45  in 1878!

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 07 September 20 19:20 BST (UK) »
I do have Elizas death , I’ve looked everywhere for Peter and Elizas marriage
I can’t find Mary Byrne their first daughters birth  I have her marriage Mary burn there daughter   I can find the three boys baptism records Dolphins barn  and then they have a daughter called JosephineOr possibly Jane or Janine before ELIZA died and I can’t find her either I know what happened to her later in life she led a very interesting life and has a famous court case at the Old Bailey

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 08 September 20 07:38 BST (UK) »
Dublin 1850
Can you let me know how you knew Mary Horan was Peters informant
Just for  my records
Thank you

Offline dublin1850

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 08 September 20 09:11 BST (UK) »
It is on the image of the entry in the Glasnevin Cemetery register.
I can send you the image if you want to send me your email address in a private message.

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 08 September 20 09:37 BST (UK) »
Dublin 1850
Thank you I have emailed you